In 2010, the hype machine’s needle pointed into the red for this Brooklyn duo, whose excellent thrash-pop debut, Treats, was touted by Spike Jonze, M.I.A., and every pink-haired cheerleader who heard it on Gossip Girl. Reign of Terror, their follow-up, features all the cheap boom-box beats and Guitar Hero riffs that made their debut such a head rush — check the foot-stomping ”Crush.” But it’s Alexis Krauss’ woozy vocals that are truly sublime; she sounds like a real teen dream: ethereally beautiful and totally bored. B+
Reign of TerrorIn 2010, the hype machine's needle pointed into the red for this Brooklyn duo, whose excellent thrash-pop debut, Treats, was touted by Spike...Reign of TerrorIndie RockIn 2010, the hype machine's needle pointed into the red for this Brooklyn duo, whose excellent thrash-pop debut, Treats, was touted by Spike...2012-03-01
BROOKLYN BEATS The indie rockers return with catchy rhythms ready-made for the teenage masses
Genre: Indie Rock
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!