In 2010, the hype machine’s needle pointed into the red for this Brooklyn duo, whose excellent thrash-pop debut, Treats, was touted by Spike Jonze, M.I.A., and every pink-haired cheerleader who heard it on Gossip Girl. Reign of Terror, their follow-up, features all the cheap boom-box beats and Guitar Hero riffs that made their debut such a head rush — check the foot-stomping ”Crush.” But it’s Alexis Krauss’ woozy vocals that are truly sublime; she sounds like a real teen dream: ethereally beautiful and totally bored. B+
Reign of TerrorIn 2010, the hype machine's needle pointed into the red for this Brooklyn duo, whose excellent thrash-pop debut, Treats, was touted by Spike...Reign of TerrorIndie RockIn 2010, the hype machine's needle pointed into the red for this Brooklyn duo, whose excellent thrash-pop debut, Treats, was touted by Spike...2012-03-01
BROOKLYN BEATS The indie rockers return with catchy rhythms ready-made for the teenage masses
Genre: Indie Rock
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015: Our 5 favorite moments
- Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart as 'Daily Show' host
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!