In their savagely satirical first feature, the cult duo from Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim play failing Hollywood filmmakers who get hired to be the savior-managers of a dying shopping mall. The movie mercilessly lampoons an idiot America drowning in corporate flimflam — revealed in everything from the inanities of big-screen storytelling (which Tim and Eric tweak by mocking their own film) to a gluten-nightmare chain restaurant called Inbreadables. The vicious mirth is hit-or-miss but contagious. (Also available on VOD) B+
PAYBACK TIME Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim in Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
Release Date Limited: 03/02/2012; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted March 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane