In their savagely satirical first feature, the cult duo from Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim play failing Hollywood filmmakers who get hired to be the savior-managers of a dying shopping mall. The movie mercilessly lampoons an idiot America drowning in corporate flimflam — revealed in everything from the inanities of big-screen storytelling (which Tim and Eric tweak by mocking their own film) to a gluten-nightmare chain restaurant called Inbreadables. The vicious mirth is hit-or-miss but contagious. (Also available on VOD) B+
PAYBACK TIME Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim in Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
Release Date Limited: 03/02/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted March 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!