In their savagely satirical first feature, the cult duo from Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim play failing Hollywood filmmakers who get hired to be the savior-managers of a dying shopping mall. The movie mercilessly lampoons an idiot America drowning in corporate flimflam — revealed in everything from the inanities of big-screen storytelling (which Tim and Eric tweak by mocking their own film) to a gluten-nightmare chain restaurant called Inbreadables. The vicious mirth is hit-or-miss but contagious. (Also available on VOD) B+
PAYBACK TIME Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim in Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
Release Date Limited: 03/02/2012; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted March 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'