In their savagely satirical first feature, the cult duo from Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim play failing Hollywood filmmakers who get hired to be the savior-managers of a dying shopping mall. The movie mercilessly lampoons an idiot America drowning in corporate flimflam — revealed in everything from the inanities of big-screen storytelling (which Tim and Eric tweak by mocking their own film) to a gluten-nightmare chain restaurant called Inbreadables. The vicious mirth is hit-or-miss but contagious. (Also available on VOD) B+
PAYBACK TIME Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim in Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
Release Date Limited: 03/02/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted March 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'