In their savagely satirical first feature, the cult duo from Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim play failing Hollywood filmmakers who get hired to be the savior-managers of a dying shopping mall. The movie mercilessly lampoons an idiot America drowning in corporate flimflam — revealed in everything from the inanities of big-screen storytelling (which Tim and Eric tweak by mocking their own film) to a gluten-nightmare chain restaurant called Inbreadables. The vicious mirth is hit-or-miss but contagious. (Also available on VOD) B+
PAYBACK TIME Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim in Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted March 9 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters