For a man who had so much to hide, it’s amazing that Bill Clinton gave a team of documentary filmmakers access to the inner sanctum of his 1992 presidential campaign. Thank goodness for bad judgment; otherwise we wouldn’t have The War Room (1993, Not Rated, 1 hr., 36 mins.). As Cajun mad genius James Carville and twitchy, 5-o’clock-shadowed George Stephanopoulos crunch numbers and put out fires, you almost forget that you’re watching real life instead of a nail-biting Hollywood thriller. The Criterion disc’s EXTRAS, highlighted by a 2008 reunion of the Comeback Kid’s battle-scarred advisers, are a political junkie’s dream. A
GAME CHANGE George Stephanopoulos and James Carville in The War Room (Everett Collection)
Genre: Documentary; Director: D.A. Pennebaker, Chris Hegedus; Producer (person): R.J. Cutler; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: October Films
Posted March 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- Whedon fave on 'Bloodsucking Bastards' (and why he wants to be killed by Thor)
- Syfy renews 'Dark Matter' and 'Killjoys' for second seasons
- David Lagercrantz reveals what it's like to take over the 'Dragon Tattoo' series
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!