For a man who had so much to hide, it’s amazing that Bill Clinton gave a team of documentary filmmakers access to the inner sanctum of his 1992 presidential campaign. Thank goodness for bad judgment; otherwise we wouldn’t have The War Room (1993, Not Rated, 1 hr., 36 mins.). As Cajun mad genius James Carville and twitchy, 5-o’clock-shadowed George Stephanopoulos crunch numbers and put out fires, you almost forget that you’re watching real life instead of a nail-biting Hollywood thriller. The Criterion disc’s EXTRAS, highlighted by a 2008 reunion of the Comeback Kid’s battle-scarred advisers, are a political junkie’s dream. A
GAME CHANGE George Stephanopoulos and James Carville in The War Room (Everett Collection)
Genre: Documentary; Director: D.A. Pennebaker, Chris Hegedus; Producer (person): R.J. Cutler; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: October Films
Posted March 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sutton Foster keeps up her double life in 'Younger' season 2 trailer
- Mary-Kate Olsen marries Olivier Sarkozy: Report
- British royals share adorable new photos of Princess Charlotte
- See Britney Spears dance to Adele's 'Hello'
- Box office report: 'Mockingjay' tops Thanksgiving weekend
- Jennifer Lawrence will keep working with David O. Russell until he dies
- Zoe Saldana goes green (again) for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'