Disgraced former two-term Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich is scheduled to arrive at a Colorado federal prison today to begin his 14-year sentence on a corruption conviction. (The sentence for his hair crimes, however? Incalculable.) Blagojevich was convicted by a jury on 18 counts, including attempting to sell President Barack Obama’s Senate seat.
While Blagojevich (pictured here with his wife Patti Blagojevich) told a crowd of supporters outside of his Chicago home this morning that leaving for jail “is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do,” fans of The Celebrity Apprentice may argue otherwise. Sure, prison will be tough, but will it be any worse for the former Celebrity Apprentice contestant than turning on a computer?
In fact, here’s some other things that may have been more challenging than prison will be for Blago:
– Saying these actual words out loud: “I’m blacker than Barack Obama.” (See above.)
– Being mistaken for Donny Osmond.
– Living with the shame of letting Daryl Strawberry and Sinbad get fired on their season of Celebrity Apprentice.
– Daring to go up against Jon Stewart.
– And David Letterman for that matter.
– Being dubbed by EW as “the biggest buffoon in reality TV history.”
– Having a worse pistachio commercial than Snooki… and a cat.
What a rock solid guy! What was your favorite pop-culture moment from Rod ‘Tape My Conversations’ Blagojevich? Share in the comments section below.
Rod Blagojevich sentenced to 14 years in prison
‘The Celebrity Apprentice’ recap: Rod Blagojevich is Elected Reality TV Superstar!
Jon Stewart asks Rod Blagojevich why he’ll blab everywhere but the witness stand