There might not be much laughing on HBO’s Game of Thrones, but that was not the case when the cast of the epic fantasy series gathered Oct. 27, 2011, for EW's cover shoot on the show’s set in Belfast, Northern Ireland. ”They were all in costume, in character, when I finally said, ‘Let’s have a bit of fun with it,”’ recalls photographer Ian Derry. ”And they spontaneously started playing air guitar, singing, jumping around. There’s a lot of humor and a genuine friendship between all those guys.” When they’re not trying to kill one another on screen, that is.
Posted March 16 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans