Add young Thomas Doret to the short list of nonprofessional kid actors who, aided by gifted directors, deliver truly astounding performances. It’s impossible to tear one’s eyes away from Doret in this typically naturalistic, unsentimental drama from the superb Belgian filmmakers Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne (Rosetta, The Son) about a sad, furious 11-year-old boy, abandoned by his father and taken in by a hairdresser (Cécile de France), to her own surprise. No one charts the wilds of childhood more precisely than the Dardennes. A
ACTS OF KINDNESS Thomas Doret and Cecile de France in The Kid With a Bike (Christine Plenus)
Release Date Limited: 03/16/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted March 16 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicole Scherzinger was anything but calm when she met George Clooney
- 'Grandfathered' star Paget Brewster hints at Jimmy and Sara's future together
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' hires a writer
- See a new clip from 'Burnt' with Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller
- You'll lose your head over this exclusive clip from 'Tales of Halloween'
- 'Inside Amy Schumer,' 'Broad City,' and more faves will stream on Hulu
- Tom Hiddleston explains why Loki was cut from 'Age of Ultron'