Add young Thomas Doret to the short list of nonprofessional kid actors who, aided by gifted directors, deliver truly astounding performances. It’s impossible to tear one’s eyes away from Doret in this typically naturalistic, unsentimental drama from the superb Belgian filmmakers Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne (Rosetta, The Son) about a sad, furious 11-year-old boy, abandoned by his father and taken in by a hairdresser (Cécile de France), to her own surprise. No one charts the wilds of childhood more precisely than the Dardennes. A
ACTS OF KINDNESS Thomas Doret and Cecile de France in The Kid With a Bike (Christine Plenus)
Release Date Limited: 03/16/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted March 16 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel