It’s refreshing to see Nicolas Cage, non-histrionic and sort of subtle, in a halfway clever piece of indie pulp about a teacher who enlists a cult of vigilantes to kill the man who raped his wife (January Jones). What he then owes these thugs isn’t money, but his amateur services as an assassin. The doomed arrangement leads to twists, betrayals, and some heavy implausibilities. The movie is never dull, though, and Cage acts every moment as if he means it. As the cult’s leader, Guy Pearce, looking deeply creepy with a shaved head, has a cruel playfulness. B-
REVENGE DRIVEN Nicolas Cage in Seeking Justice (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure, Thriller; Starring: Nicolas Cage, January Jones, Guy Pearce; Director: Roger Donaldson; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo