It’s refreshing to see Nicolas Cage, non-histrionic and sort of subtle, in a halfway clever piece of indie pulp about a teacher who enlists a cult of vigilantes to kill the man who raped his wife (January Jones). What he then owes these thugs isn’t money, but his amateur services as an assassin. The doomed arrangement leads to twists, betrayals, and some heavy implausibilities. The movie is never dull, though, and Cage acts every moment as if he means it. As the cult’s leader, Guy Pearce, looking deeply creepy with a shaved head, has a cruel playfulness. B-
REVENGE DRIVEN Nicolas Cage in Seeking Justice (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure, Thriller; Starring: Nicolas Cage, January Jones, Guy Pearce; Director: Roger Donaldson; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted March 16 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!