It’s refreshing to see Nicolas Cage, non-histrionic and sort of subtle, in a halfway clever piece of indie pulp about a teacher who enlists a cult of vigilantes to kill the man who raped his wife (January Jones). What he then owes these thugs isn’t money, but his amateur services as an assassin. The doomed arrangement leads to twists, betrayals, and some heavy implausibilities. The movie is never dull, though, and Cage acts every moment as if he means it. As the cult’s leader, Guy Pearce, looking deeply creepy with a shaved head, has a cruel playfulness. B-
REVENGE DRIVEN Nicolas Cage in Seeking Justice (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure, Thriller; Starring: Nicolas Cage, January Jones, Guy Pearce; Director: Roger Donaldson; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted March 16 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel