It’s refreshing to see Nicolas Cage, non-histrionic and sort of subtle, in a halfway clever piece of indie pulp about a teacher who enlists a cult of vigilantes to kill the man who raped his wife (January Jones). What he then owes these thugs isn’t money, but his amateur services as an assassin. The doomed arrangement leads to twists, betrayals, and some heavy implausibilities. The movie is never dull, though, and Cage acts every moment as if he means it. As the cult’s leader, Guy Pearce, looking deeply creepy with a shaved head, has a cruel playfulness. B-
REVENGE DRIVEN Nicolas Cage in Seeking Justice (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure, Thriller; Starring: Nicolas Cage, January Jones, Guy Pearce; Director: Roger Donaldson; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted March 16 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'