It’s refreshing to see Nicolas Cage, non-histrionic and sort of subtle, in a halfway clever piece of indie pulp about a teacher who enlists a cult of vigilantes to kill the man who raped his wife (January Jones). What he then owes these thugs isn’t money, but his amateur services as an assassin. The doomed arrangement leads to twists, betrayals, and some heavy implausibilities. The movie is never dull, though, and Cage acts every moment as if he means it. As the cult’s leader, Guy Pearce, looking deeply creepy with a shaved head, has a cruel playfulness. B-
REVENGE DRIVEN Nicolas Cage in Seeking Justice (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure, Thriller; Starring: Nicolas Cage, January Jones, Guy Pearce; Director: Roger Donaldson; Release Date Wide: 03/16/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
Posted March 16 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50