What begins as a domestic drama about an American couple relocating to Europe takes a sharp turn into spy-thriller territory. When her husband, Dexter, lands a high-paying job in Luxembourg, Kate Moore gladly quits her secret life as a CIA agent to reinvent herself as an expat housewife. But she has to put her espionage skills to use again when another American couple arrives in town and tells her that Dexter might have a secret life of his own. After a slow start, Expats eventually reaches its full, bombshell-a-minute pace. And Pavone creates a fascinating, complicated hero in Kate Moore. B+
SLOW SPY BURN An ex-CIA agent is forced to return to her espionage ways when she suspects her husband might have a secret identity
Genre: Fiction; Author: Chris Pavone; Publisher: Crown
Posted March 19 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 21 nonfiction books to look forward to this fall
- 'Sherlock' men look stylish in first season 4 photo
- John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert pretend to puke to Shakespeare
- Emeril Lagasse previews 'delicious' new Amazon series, 'Eat the World'
- 'Whose billy goat is this?' guys to sing about other animals
- Seth Meyers: Global warming made Earth 'the Donald Trump of planets'
- ABC renews deal to broadcast the Oscars through 2028