You’ve heard the original 2010 album — a girlie-pop juggernaut that’s as sweet and silly as the whipped cream shooting out of Perry’s bra. Six of its singles were smashes, and this expanded reissue ensures that middle-school girls won’t be stopping their minivan sing-alongs anytime soon. Still, much of the ”bonus material” on Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection is already available, and the previously unreleased weepies ”Wide Awake” and ”Part of Me” are kind of a bummer. Only the new electro-kink romp ”Dressin’ Up” feels fun, with Perry inviting some ”dirty doggie” to “pet my kitty.” Uh-oh, Russell Brand. Sit! Stay. B-
NOT-SO-TASTY TREAT Though the reissue of Perry's 2010 album offers some delectable musical snacks, the featured bonus material runs stale (Victoria Will/AP)
Lead Performer: Katy Perry; Music Label: Capitol
Posted March 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- Lupita Nyong'o to star in New York play written by 'Walking Dead' star
- Bikini Kill will release three new songs
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' creators on ... another sequel?
- Ivan Reitman releases statement on 'Ghostbusters' franchise
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess' stars reunite on Instagram
- 'The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi to guest-star on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!