You’ve heard the original 2010 album — a girlie-pop juggernaut that’s as sweet and silly as the whipped cream shooting out of Perry’s bra. Six of its singles were smashes, and this expanded reissue ensures that middle-school girls won’t be stopping their minivan sing-alongs anytime soon. Still, much of the ”bonus material” on Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection is already available, and the previously unreleased weepies ”Wide Awake” and ”Part of Me” are kind of a bummer. Only the new electro-kink romp ”Dressin’ Up” feels fun, with Perry inviting some ”dirty doggie” to “pet my kitty.” Uh-oh, Russell Brand. Sit! Stay. B-
NOT-SO-TASTY TREAT Though the reissue of Perry's 2010 album offers some delectable musical snacks, the featured bonus material runs stale (Victoria Will/AP)
Lead Performer: Katy Perry; Music Label: Capitol
Posted March 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt