You’ve heard the original 2010 album — a girlie-pop juggernaut that’s as sweet and silly as the whipped cream shooting out of Perry’s bra. Six of its singles were smashes, and this expanded reissue ensures that middle-school girls won’t be stopping their minivan sing-alongs anytime soon. Still, much of the ”bonus material” on Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection is already available, and the previously unreleased weepies ”Wide Awake” and ”Part of Me” are kind of a bummer. Only the new electro-kink romp ”Dressin’ Up” feels fun, with Perry inviting some ”dirty doggie” to “pet my kitty.” Uh-oh, Russell Brand. Sit! Stay. B-
NOT-SO-TASTY TREAT Though the reissue of Perry's 2010 album offers some delectable musical snacks, the featured bonus material runs stale (Victoria Will/AP)
Lead Performer: Katy Perry; Music Label: Capitol
Posted March 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leonardo DiCaprio isn't afraid to die anymore in new 'The Revenant' promo
- Penguin and Riddler sing Gordon a lullaby in exclusive 'Gotham' sneak peek
- Amy Schumer shows off bruises from 'Saturday Night Live' sketch
- X marks Mulder and Scully in exclusive new 'X-Files' poster
- Animal Collective announce 'Painting With,' share 'FloriDada'
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig