You’ve heard the original 2010 album — a girlie-pop juggernaut that’s as sweet and silly as the whipped cream shooting out of Perry’s bra. Six of its singles were smashes, and this expanded reissue ensures that middle-school girls won’t be stopping their minivan sing-alongs anytime soon. Still, much of the ”bonus material” on Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection is already available, and the previously unreleased weepies ”Wide Awake” and ”Part of Me” are kind of a bummer. Only the new electro-kink romp ”Dressin’ Up” feels fun, with Perry inviting some ”dirty doggie” to “pet my kitty.” Uh-oh, Russell Brand. Sit! Stay. B-
NOT-SO-TASTY TREAT Though the reissue of Perry's 2010 album offers some delectable musical snacks, the featured bonus material runs stale (Victoria Will/AP)
Lead Performer: Katy Perry; Music Label: Capitol
Posted March 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels