You’ve heard the original 2010 album — a girlie-pop juggernaut that’s as sweet and silly as the whipped cream shooting out of Perry’s bra. Six of its singles were smashes, and this expanded reissue ensures that middle-school girls won’t be stopping their minivan sing-alongs anytime soon. Still, much of the ”bonus material” on Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection is already available, and the previously unreleased weepies ”Wide Awake” and ”Part of Me” are kind of a bummer. Only the new electro-kink romp ”Dressin’ Up” feels fun, with Perry inviting some ”dirty doggie” to “pet my kitty.” Uh-oh, Russell Brand. Sit! Stay. B-
NOT-SO-TASTY TREAT Though the reissue of Perry's 2010 album offers some delectable musical snacks, the featured bonus material runs stale (Victoria Will/AP)
Lead Performer: Katy Perry; Music Label: Capitol
Posted March 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Former Girls frontman Christopher Owens drops new album
- 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer shows Bobby Fischer's greatest struggles
- Mariah and me(?!) on stage in Vegas: Tweet dreams are made of this...
- Critic's Mailbag: EW's movie critic wants to hear from you
- 'Marriage Boot Camp' welcomes... Jeff and Jordan from 'Big Brother?'
- U2 manager Dennis Sheehan dies
- 'Doctor Who' star Peter Capaldi to appear at Comic-Con
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!