The SoCal-pop scions got a boost last year belting their early-’90s karaoke classic ”Hold On” at the end of Bridesmaids. Unfortunately, this ho-hum tribute to Beach Boy Brian Wilson (dad of Carnie and Wendy) and Mama and Papa Michelle and John Phillips (parents of Chynna) doesn’t really reward the fresh attention: You’ve probably heard more inspired takes on ”California Dreamin’??” and ”God Only Knows” at your local open-mic night than on Dedicated. Only an a cappella ”Good Vibrations” is likely to give anyone excitations. C
TRIBUTE TUNES The band pays homage to the Beach Boys with their album, but their covers mostly fall flat (Jeremy Cowart)
Genre: Pop; Music Label: Sony
Posted March 28 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 21 nonfiction books to look forward to this fall
- 'Sherlock' men look stylish in first season 4 photo
- John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert pretend to puke to Shakespeare
- Emeril Lagasse previews 'delicious' new Amazon series, 'Eat the World'
- 'Whose billy goat is this?' guys to sing about other animals
- Seth Meyers: Global warming made Earth 'the Donald Trump of planets'
- ABC renews deal to broadcast the Oscars through 2028