The SoCal-pop scions got a boost last year belting their early-’90s karaoke classic ”Hold On” at the end of Bridesmaids. Unfortunately, this ho-hum tribute to Beach Boy Brian Wilson (dad of Carnie and Wendy) and Mama and Papa Michelle and John Phillips (parents of Chynna) doesn’t really reward the fresh attention: You’ve probably heard more inspired takes on ”California Dreamin’??” and ”God Only Knows” at your local open-mic night than on Dedicated. Only an a cappella ”Good Vibrations” is likely to give anyone excitations. C
TRIBUTE TUNES The band pays homage to the Beach Boys with their album, but their covers mostly fall flat (Jeremy Cowart)
Genre: Pop; Music Label: Sony
Posted March 28 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!