The SoCal-pop scions got a boost last year belting their early-’90s karaoke classic ”Hold On” at the end of Bridesmaids. Unfortunately, this ho-hum tribute to Beach Boy Brian Wilson (dad of Carnie and Wendy) and Mama and Papa Michelle and John Phillips (parents of Chynna) doesn’t really reward the fresh attention: You’ve probably heard more inspired takes on ”California Dreamin’??” and ”God Only Knows” at your local open-mic night than on Dedicated. Only an a cappella ”Good Vibrations” is likely to give anyone excitations. C
TRIBUTE TUNES The band pays homage to the Beach Boys with their album, but their covers mostly fall flat (Jeremy Cowart)
Genre: Pop; Music Label: Sony
Posted March 28 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fifth Harmony rock out in a haunted hotel in 'I'm in Love With a Monster' video
- 'Bones' taps Betty White as new squintern
- Angelina Jolie Pitt's 'By the Sea' will open AFI Fest
- George R. R. Martin says Stannis is still alive — in the books
- Michelle Pfeiffer to play Bernie Madoff's wife in HBO's 'Wizard of Lies'
- Post-apocalyptic survivors tool up in exclusive clip from 'Turbo Kid'
- New 'Homeland' season 5 trailer: Carrie can't escape her past
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!