The SoCal-pop scions got a boost last year belting their early-’90s karaoke classic ”Hold On” at the end of Bridesmaids. Unfortunately, this ho-hum tribute to Beach Boy Brian Wilson (dad of Carnie and Wendy) and Mama and Papa Michelle and John Phillips (parents of Chynna) doesn’t really reward the fresh attention: You’ve probably heard more inspired takes on ”California Dreamin’??” and ”God Only Knows” at your local open-mic night than on Dedicated. Only an a cappella ”Good Vibrations” is likely to give anyone excitations. C
TRIBUTE TUNES The band pays homage to the Beach Boys with their album, but their covers mostly fall flat (Jeremy Cowart)
Genre: Pop; Status: In Season; Music Label: Sony
Posted March 28 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters