The SoCal-pop scions got a boost last year belting their early-’90s karaoke classic ”Hold On” at the end of Bridesmaids. Unfortunately, this ho-hum tribute to Beach Boy Brian Wilson (dad of Carnie and Wendy) and Mama and Papa Michelle and John Phillips (parents of Chynna) doesn’t really reward the fresh attention: You’ve probably heard more inspired takes on ”California Dreamin’??” and ”God Only Knows” at your local open-mic night than on Dedicated. Only an a cappella ”Good Vibrations” is likely to give anyone excitations. C
TRIBUTE TUNES The band pays homage to the Beach Boys with their album, but their covers mostly fall flat (Jeremy Cowart)
Genre: Pop; Music Label: Sony
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!