Mad Men creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner will time-trip back from the ’60s – and road trip as well – for his feature debut, You Are Here, starring Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis. Weiner is directing the film, based on a script he penned eight years ago. The plot centers on childhood best friends who return to their hometown after Galifianakis’ bipolar character learns that his estranged father had died. Back home, he finds out that his father left him with a sizable inheritance and much more. (Parks and Recreation’s Amy Poehler is also in negotiations for a costarring role.) The movie is slated to begin shooting in May, during Mad Men’s hiatus, and marks Weiner’s first time in the film director’s chair, though he has helmed multiple episodes of the Emmy-friendly AMC drama, which aired its fifth-season premiere on Sunday.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Amy Winehouse's family unhappy with documentary about her
- 'The Mentalist': Watch a supercut of Patrick and Teresa's romance
- Try not to dance to On An On's 'It's Not Over' -- exclusive
- Peep inside Brandon Flowers' 'Lonely Town' video
- Watch Mr. Feeny, Eric Matthews, and Shawn Hunter return on 'Girl Meets World'
- 'Hot Pursuit' stars Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara discuss their funniest roles
- Sarah Jessica Parker developing MTV show based on Megan Abbott's 'The Fever'