A night of unprotected sex leads to a life sentence of single-mom struggles in a mildly amusing indie that’s neither as funny nor as poignant as it wants to be. Krysten Ritter, the likably quirky raven-haired star of ABC’s new series Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, gives this cliché comedy some fizz, juggling an infant and a dead-end job walking dogs, all while envying her roommates’ (Kate Bosworth and thankless third wheel Rachel Bilson) carefree lives. It’s a trifle, but at least it doesn’t star Katherine Heigl. B-
BFF Krysten Ritter and Kate Bosworth in L!fe Happens (Carol Sue Stoddard)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kate Bosworth, Krysten Ritter; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- People are naming their kids after the 'Empire' family
- Academy unveils shortlist of 15 Best Documentary contenders
- Mark Zuckerberg welcomes baby, pledges 99% of Facebook stock to charity
- See exclusive preview pages from Z2 Comics' 'Carver: A Paris Adventure'
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Stephen & Ciera critique each other on 'Survivor Talk'