A night of unprotected sex leads to a life sentence of single-mom struggles in a mildly amusing indie that’s neither as funny nor as poignant as it wants to be. Krysten Ritter, the likably quirky raven-haired star of ABC’s new series Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, gives this cliché comedy some fizz, juggling an infant and a dead-end job walking dogs, all while envying her roommates’ (Kate Bosworth and thankless third wheel Rachel Bilson) carefree lives. It’s a trifle, but at least it doesn’t star Katherine Heigl. B-
BFF Krysten Ritter and Kate Bosworth in L!fe Happens (Carol Sue Stoddard)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kate Bosworth, Krysten Ritter; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist
- Jay Leno to 'sub in' for Jimmy Fallon during 'The Tonight Show' monologue
- Charlotte Hornets guard Jeremy Lin to guest on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- See Blake Lively's audition for 'Gossip Girl'