A night of unprotected sex leads to a life sentence of single-mom struggles in a mildly amusing indie that’s neither as funny nor as poignant as it wants to be. Krysten Ritter, the likably quirky raven-haired star of ABC’s new series Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, gives this cliché comedy some fizz, juggling an infant and a dead-end job walking dogs, all while envying her roommates’ (Kate Bosworth and thankless third wheel Rachel Bilson) carefree lives. It’s a trifle, but at least it doesn’t star Katherine Heigl. B-
BFF Krysten Ritter and Kate Bosworth in L!fe Happens (Carol Sue Stoddard)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kate Bosworth, Krysten Ritter; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump's proposed Muslim ban is 'tyranny'
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'