A night of unprotected sex leads to a life sentence of single-mom struggles in a mildly amusing indie that’s neither as funny nor as poignant as it wants to be. Krysten Ritter, the likably quirky raven-haired star of ABC’s new series Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, gives this cliché comedy some fizz, juggling an infant and a dead-end job walking dogs, all while envying her roommates’ (Kate Bosworth and thankless third wheel Rachel Bilson) carefree lives. It’s a trifle, but at least it doesn’t star Katherine Heigl. B-
BFF Krysten Ritter and Kate Bosworth in L!fe Happens (Carol Sue Stoddard)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kate Bosworth, Krysten Ritter; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'