A night of unprotected sex leads to a life sentence of single-mom struggles in a mildly amusing indie that’s neither as funny nor as poignant as it wants to be. Krysten Ritter, the likably quirky raven-haired star of ABC’s new series Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, gives this cliché comedy some fizz, juggling an infant and a dead-end job walking dogs, all while envying her roommates’ (Kate Bosworth and thankless third wheel Rachel Bilson) carefree lives. It’s a trifle, but at least it doesn’t star Katherine Heigl. B-
BFF Krysten Ritter and Kate Bosworth in L!fe Happens (Carol Sue Stoddard)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kate Bosworth, Krysten Ritter; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'