At 71, this New Orleans R&B legend hardly needs help finding the funk. But there’s no denying the vintage voodoo — or the palpable disgust — the Doctor summons with Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys, who produced Locked Down following an onstage jam at last year’s Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee. On ”Revolution,” John bemoans the ”dumb moves of money” over a rich retro-soul groove, while the percolating ”Ice Age” imagines the KKK and the CIA ”playin’ in the same cage.” A-
THE DOCTOR IS IN Borrowing the talents of Black Keys producer Dan Auerbach, the 71-year-old groove master upholds his trademark funky sounds (Lisa Houlgrave)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Dr. John; Music Label: Nonesuch
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- Netflix will lose 'Catching Fire,' 'Transformers' at the end of September
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See 'Game of Thrones' fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!