The subtitle of this slick and exceedingly odd proselytizing tool — In Search of America’s National Treasure — conjures up images of Nicolas Cage poring over the Declaration of Independence. Instead, former Growing Pains star Kirk Cameron, a born-again evangelical Christian, takes the screen, talking with experts who back up his message (but none who might not) that the United States was founded as a Christian country and must abide by the Gospel to avoid ruin. Viewers who already agree will agree; those who don’t, won’t. C
MONUMENTAL In Search of America's National Treasure (Pyro Pictures)
Genre: Documentary; Release Date Limited: 03/27/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 90
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie