Every aspiring actor has an audition horror story, and for two years Andrew Keenan-Bolger (Newsies’ Crutchie, above) has been turning them into comedy with his Web series Submissions Only. ”At least 50 percent of Submissions Only has happened,” says Keenan-Bolger, 26, who co-created the show with fellow actor Kate Wetherhead. The sitcom, about a jaded NYC stage actress and her casting-agent BFF, depicts the worst tryouts ever — e.g., a woman’s water breaking as she hits a high note — and features big guest stars like Kristin Chenoweth, Michael Urie, and Kristen Johnston. Says Keenan-Bolger, ”Look at us as Smash’s indie stepchild.”
Posted March 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony