After the sudden, inglorious exit of rabble-rousing pundit Keith Olbermann from Current TV last Thursday, Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer debuted the next night in Olbermann’s former time slot to ominous ratings. The former New York governor’s program scored only 47,000 viewers total, slightly more than a quarter of the network’s March average for that time slot. In the make-or-break 25-54 demographic, Viewpoint landed only 10,000 viewers. The network previously bungled promotion for the show when they encouraged fans to follow Spitzer on Twitter. Spitzer does not have a Twitter account.
Posted April 3 2012 — 10:35 AM EDT
- Michael Fassbender plays Frozen Blackjack with Jimmy Fallon
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC