After the sudden, inglorious exit of rabble-rousing pundit Keith Olbermann from Current TV last Thursday, Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer debuted the next night in Olbermann’s former time slot to ominous ratings. The former New York governor’s program scored only 47,000 viewers total, slightly more than a quarter of the network’s March average for that time slot. In the make-or-break 25-54 demographic, Viewpoint landed only 10,000 viewers. The network previously bungled promotion for the show when they encouraged fans to follow Spitzer on Twitter. Spitzer does not have a Twitter account.
Posted April 3 2012 — 10:35 AM EDT
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!