After the sudden, inglorious exit of rabble-rousing pundit Keith Olbermann from Current TV last Thursday, Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer debuted the next night in Olbermann’s former time slot to ominous ratings. The former New York governor’s program scored only 47,000 viewers total, slightly more than a quarter of the network’s March average for that time slot. In the make-or-break 25-54 demographic, Viewpoint landed only 10,000 viewers. The network previously bungled promotion for the show when they encouraged fans to follow Spitzer on Twitter. Spitzer does not have a Twitter account.
Posted April 3 2012 — 10:35 AM EDT
- Overcrowded Best Actress race forces strong contenders to supporting category
- See Dave Grohl call out disengaged fans at Foo Fighters show
- 'Flash' movie lands director
- Nicholas Sparks is producing a semi-autobiographical comedy at ABC
- See the first preview of Valiant Entertainment's 'Death-Defying Dr. Mirage: Second Lives'
- Do you speak fluent Gilmore? Who said it: Rory or Lorelai?
- Bernie Sanders to appear on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'