After the sudden, inglorious exit of rabble-rousing pundit Keith Olbermann from Current TV last Thursday, Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer debuted the next night in Olbermann’s former time slot to ominous ratings. The former New York governor’s program scored only 47,000 viewers total, slightly more than a quarter of the network’s March average for that time slot. In the make-or-break 25-54 demographic, Viewpoint landed only 10,000 viewers. The network previously bungled promotion for the show when they encouraged fans to follow Spitzer on Twitter. Spitzer does not have a Twitter account.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- Ariana Grande adds new dates and cities to The Honeymoon Tour
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: The Rock flexes his comedy muscles
- Smashing Pumpkins explore PTSD in "Drum + Fife" video
- 'Sherlock' co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Clare & Don and More!