After the sudden, inglorious exit of rabble-rousing pundit Keith Olbermann from Current TV last Thursday, Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer debuted the next night in Olbermann’s former time slot to ominous ratings. The former New York governor’s program scored only 47,000 viewers total, slightly more than a quarter of the network’s March average for that time slot. In the make-or-break 25-54 demographic, Viewpoint landed only 10,000 viewers. The network previously bungled promotion for the show when they encouraged fans to follow Spitzer on Twitter. Spitzer does not have a Twitter account.
Posted April 3 2012 — 10:35 AM EDT
- 'Power Rangers': Lionsgate may make up to seven more films
- Dierks Bentley's new single is here, and features Elle King
- 'The Boxcar Children' series to become three animated films
- 'Game of Thrones': Hodor and Bran actors share 'Hold the Door' cake
- This Week’s Cover: Nick Jonas leads EW’s Summer Must Issue
- Tom Hanks, Miley Cyrus, Drake among guest stars on 'Maya & Marty'
- Chris Evans reacts to Captain America's Hydra plot twist