When this Cali crew first blazed onto the scene in 2011, they straddled the line between scary public enemy and media darling. Their latest suggests they’ve chosen a side — or at least it’s chosen them. ”Still suicidal,” the group’s ? de facto leader Tyler, the Creator raps, ”but some assume that I’m cool now/Because I got a f—ing award in my room now.” Robbed of their outsider status, the ? boys swap horror for hormones on The OF Tape, Vol 2., giddily trading tall tales and witty obscenities. For better or worse, OF might actually be growing up. B?
BRIGHT FUTURE The Cali hip-hop group opts to swim upstream and fill their latest with musical obscenities (Roger Kisby/Getty Images)
Posted April 4 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Tyrant' renewed for season 3
- AMC renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for third season
- The 10 most influential pop culture moments since 1990
- 'Nashville': Lennon and Maisy on 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye'
- Matt Bomer dishes on getting naked for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'Wolf by Wolf' author Ryan Graudin shares an excerpt and reveals plans for a sequel -- exclusive
- See how special effects helped bring 'Sicario' to life