When this Cali crew first blazed onto the scene in 2011, they straddled the line between scary public enemy and media darling. Their latest suggests they’ve chosen a side — or at least it’s chosen them. ”Still suicidal,” the group’s ? de facto leader Tyler, the Creator raps, ”but some assume that I’m cool now/Because I got a f—ing award in my room now.” Robbed of their outsider status, the ? boys swap horror for hormones on The OF Tape, Vol 2., giddily trading tall tales and witty obscenities. For better or worse, OF might actually be growing up. B?
BRIGHT FUTURE The Cali hip-hop group opts to swim upstream and fill their latest with musical obscenities (Roger Kisby/Getty Images)
Posted April 4 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 21 nonfiction books to look forward to this fall
- 'Sherlock' men look stylish in first season 4 photo
- John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert pretend to puke to Shakespeare
- Emeril Lagasse previews 'delicious' new Amazon series, 'Eat the World'
- 'Whose billy goat is this?' guys to sing about other animals
- Seth Meyers: Global warming made Earth 'the Donald Trump of planets'
- ABC renews deal to broadcast the Oscars through 2028