Diane Keaton, with her trademark nervous giggle-fit overacting, plays Beth, who deeply resents her surgeon husband. The strange thing is, his only crime appears to be his puckish sense of vanity, which Kevin Kline, the actor playing him, makes eminently likable. Beth adopts a broken-down mutt she names Freeway, and on their vacation, the dog gets lost in the Rockies. Will Beth, combing the mountains, find her new best friend and substitute hubby? Lawrence Kasdan’s comedy strikes a note of rib-nudging blah coyness that feels very 1987. C
BLAH COYNESS Diane Keaton in Darling Companion (Wilson Webb/Sony Pictures Classics)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Final season of cult U.K. sitcom 'Peep Show' starts shooting
- Kelly Osbourne says she 'f---ed up' after comments about Latinos go viral
- See Ilana Glazer shake it like a Polaroid picture on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Tavi Gevinson to guest-star on 'Scream Queens'
- A$AP Rocky and Tyler, the Creator are touring together
- The Weeknd’s new album includes tracks with Lana Del Rey and Ed Sheeran
- Caitlyn Jenner's reality show loses half its audience