Diane Keaton, with her trademark nervous giggle-fit overacting, plays Beth, who deeply resents her surgeon husband. The strange thing is, his only crime appears to be his puckish sense of vanity, which Kevin Kline, the actor playing him, makes eminently likable. Beth adopts a broken-down mutt she names Freeway, and on their vacation, the dog gets lost in the Rockies. Will Beth, combing the mountains, find her new best friend and substitute hubby? Lawrence Kasdan’s comedy strikes a note of rib-nudging blah coyness that feels very 1987. C
BLAH COYNESS Diane Keaton in Darling Companion (Wilson Webb/Sony Pictures Classics)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel