Diane Keaton, with her trademark nervous giggle-fit overacting, plays Beth, who deeply resents her surgeon husband. The strange thing is, his only crime appears to be his puckish sense of vanity, which Kevin Kline, the actor playing him, makes eminently likable. Beth adopts a broken-down mutt she names Freeway, and on their vacation, the dog gets lost in the Rockies. Will Beth, combing the mountains, find her new best friend and substitute hubby? Lawrence Kasdan’s comedy strikes a note of rib-nudging blah coyness that feels very 1987. C
BLAH COYNESS Diane Keaton in Darling Companion (Wilson Webb/Sony Pictures Classics)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!