Diane Keaton, with her trademark nervous giggle-fit overacting, plays Beth, who deeply resents her surgeon husband. The strange thing is, his only crime appears to be his puckish sense of vanity, which Kevin Kline, the actor playing him, makes eminently likable. Beth adopts a broken-down mutt she names Freeway, and on their vacation, the dog gets lost in the Rockies. Will Beth, combing the mountains, find her new best friend and substitute hubby? Lawrence Kasdan’s comedy strikes a note of rib-nudging blah coyness that feels very 1987. C
BLAH COYNESS Diane Keaton in Darling Companion (Wilson Webb/Sony Pictures Classics)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- Keith Richards disses hip-hop, heavy metal in new interview
- Justin Bieber sets Spotify record with 'What Do You Mean?'
- Exclusive 'A Christmas Horror Story' trailer promises shocks, scares, and Shatner
- See Simon Cowell get emotional during an 'X Factor' audition
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!