Diane Keaton, with her trademark nervous giggle-fit overacting, plays Beth, who deeply resents her surgeon husband. The strange thing is, his only crime appears to be his puckish sense of vanity, which Kevin Kline, the actor playing him, makes eminently likable. Beth adopts a broken-down mutt she names Freeway, and on their vacation, the dog gets lost in the Rockies. Will Beth, combing the mountains, find her new best friend and substitute hubby? Lawrence Kasdan’s comedy strikes a note of rib-nudging blah coyness that feels very 1987. C
BLAH COYNESS Diane Keaton in Darling Companion (Wilson Webb/Sony Pictures Classics)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'