Bon Iver, Coldplay’s Chris Martin, and Ke$ha (yes, Ke$ha) score golden tickets to the Lips’ sonic Wonka factory on this exclusive Record Store Day release. Their fresh influx of ideas on The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends creates new flavor profiles for the band’s loopy psychedelic slurry: Ke$ha spews shards of sass over robot rocker ”2012” and Martin’s dreamy falsetto melts into the meditative dirge ”I Don’t Want You to Die,” while Bon Iver’s ”Ashes in the Air” casts its own woozy spell. Frontman Wayne Coyne remains a singular ringmaster, but here’s proof that even mad geniuses need Fwends. A
QUIRKY COLLABORATION Bon Iver, Ke$ha and Chris Martin join The Flaming Lips to create an awesomely eccentric musical mix
Status: In Season; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters