Aaron Sorkin likes to keep his friends close whenever he starts a new gig. (See: repeat appearances for actors Martin Sheen, Joshua Malina, and Bradley Whitford in projects like The American President, The West Wing, and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.) And he’ll continue the tradition on his new HBO drama The Newsroom: EW has learned exclusively that Jesse Eisenberg — who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, which earned Sorkin an Oscar for writing — has a surprise voice cameo in the debut episode of the series, which stars Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimer, and bows June 24.
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!