Aaron Sorkin likes to keep his friends close whenever he starts a new gig. (See: repeat appearances for actors Martin Sheen, Joshua Malina, and Bradley Whitford in projects like The American President, The West Wing, and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.) And he’ll continue the tradition on his new HBO drama The Newsroom: EW has learned exclusively that Jesse Eisenberg — who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, which earned Sorkin an Oscar for writing — has a surprise voice cameo in the debut episode of the series, which stars Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimer, and bows June 24.
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New Line plots 'Met Gala Heist movie
- Sanaa Lathan to headline Fox event series about a police shooting
- 'Twilight' vs. 'Life and Death': A sexy vampire glossary
- 'We Are Still Here': How they created the year's creepiest ghosts
- 'Grandfathered' snags 'Agent Carter' star as love interest
- Jared Leto stayed in character on 'Suicide Squad' set
- New Cosby accuser files lawsuit: 'It is my hope that he will in fact face justice'