Aaron Sorkin likes to keep his friends close whenever he starts a new gig. (See: repeat appearances for actors Martin Sheen, Joshua Malina, and Bradley Whitford in projects like The American President, The West Wing, and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.) And he’ll continue the tradition on his new HBO drama The Newsroom: EW has learned exclusively that Jesse Eisenberg — who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, which earned Sorkin an Oscar for writing — has a surprise voice cameo in the debut episode of the series, which stars Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimer, and bows June 24.
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Urban Cowboy' remake in the works at FOX
- Aunt Becky is back for 'Fuller House'
- Who wants to have a sleepover in Conan O'Brien's studio?
- Amy Schumer shuts down rumors of a 'Bachelorette' meeting
- Chris Pratt taught his son the Pledge of Allegiance
- Watch 7 awesome minutes of 'Batman: Arkham Knight' gameplay
- Kanye West reaches settlement in 'Bound 2' case