Once merely a funny-hat-wearing antidote to John Mayer’s Serious Rock Guy poses, Mraz has accrued a major fan base thanks to hits like ”I’m Yours” and ”I Won’t Give Up.” Many of the hacky-sacking grooves on his fourth album settle for snoozy gentility. But he tiptoes the line on Love Is a Four Letter Word between hammock-strung wisdom and twee naïveté with such goofball charisma that otherwise forgettable love-each-other-doodles like ”Everything Is Sound” become sweetly breezy anthems. B
EASY TO 'LOVE' The musical wordsmith employs his breezy nuances to his latest album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Jason Mraz; Music Label: Atlantic
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters