Once merely a funny-hat-wearing antidote to John Mayer’s Serious Rock Guy poses, Mraz has accrued a major fan base thanks to hits like ”I’m Yours” and ”I Won’t Give Up.” Many of the hacky-sacking grooves on his fourth album settle for snoozy gentility. But he tiptoes the line on Love Is a Four Letter Word between hammock-strung wisdom and twee naïveté with such goofball charisma that otherwise forgettable love-each-other-doodles like ”Everything Is Sound” become sweetly breezy anthems. B
Love Is a Four Letter WordOnce merely a funny-hat-wearing antidote to John Mayer's Serious Rock Guy poses, Mraz has accrued a major fan base thanks to hits like ''I'm Yours'' and '...Love Is a Four Letter WordPopOnce merely a funny-hat-wearing antidote to John Mayer's Serious Rock Guy poses, Mraz has accrued a major fan base thanks to hits like ''I'm Yours'' and '...2012-04-13
EASY TO 'LOVE' The musical wordsmith employs his breezy nuances to his latest album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Jason Mraz; Music Label: Atlantic
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hulk Hogan breaks silence on racist rant, asks for forgiveness
- How Todrick Hall hopes to inspire others through his new show, 'Todrick'
- See a snippet of Queen Latifah's 19-year-old 'Bessie' screen test
- Here's how Jaden Smith reacted to Kanye's VMAs speech
- Jeff Probst reveals the players he's surprised got voted into 'Survivor'
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' uniform heading for auction
- Get lost in Hippo Campus' new tune 'The Halocline'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!