Once merely a funny-hat-wearing antidote to John Mayer’s Serious Rock Guy poses, Mraz has accrued a major fan base thanks to hits like ”I’m Yours” and ”I Won’t Give Up.” Many of the hacky-sacking grooves on his fourth album settle for snoozy gentility. But he tiptoes the line on Love Is a Four Letter Word between hammock-strung wisdom and twee naïveté with such goofball charisma that otherwise forgettable love-each-other-doodles like ”Everything Is Sound” become sweetly breezy anthems. B
Love Is a Four Letter WordOnce merely a funny-hat-wearing antidote to John Mayer's Serious Rock Guy poses, Mraz has accrued a major fan base thanks to hits like ''I'm Yours'' and '...Love Is a Four Letter WordPopOnce merely a funny-hat-wearing antidote to John Mayer's Serious Rock Guy poses, Mraz has accrued a major fan base thanks to hits like ''I'm Yours'' and '...2012-04-13
EASY TO 'LOVE' The musical wordsmith employs his breezy nuances to his latest album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Jason Mraz; Music Label: Atlantic
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!