Director Mary Harron brought her spiky intelligence to I Shot Andy Warhol, American Psycho, and The Notorious Bettie Page. But her torpid adaptation of Rachel Klein’s novel about female sexual desire, jealousy, death wishes, and vampires at a girls’ boarding school defeats Harron’s talent for exploring darkness on the edge of kinkiness. Sarah Bolger plays a dull Everygirl trying to get through teen gloom. Inexpressive British model Lily Cole stares at a vampiric new classmate. (Also available on VOD) C
THE MOTH DIARIES (Jan Thijs/IFC)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sarah Bolger, Lily Cole; Director: Mary Harron; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!