Director Mary Harron brought her spiky intelligence to I Shot Andy Warhol, American Psycho, and The Notorious Bettie Page. But her torpid adaptation of Rachel Klein’s novel about female sexual desire, jealousy, death wishes, and vampires at a girls’ boarding school defeats Harron’s talent for exploring darkness on the edge of kinkiness. Sarah Bolger plays a dull Everygirl trying to get through teen gloom. Inexpressive British model Lily Cole stares at a vampiric new classmate. (Also available on VOD) C
THE MOTH DIARIES (Jan Thijs/IFC)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sarah Bolger, Lily Cole; Director: Mary Harron; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shondaland Revealed on heartbreaking Calzona-centric 'Grey's Anatomy'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' season 5 winner feels 'validated'
- Justin Timberlake's new song 'Can't Stop the Feeling' is here
- The new Han Solo is …
- 'Orphan Black' creators on their first Italian phone sex scene
- 'Les Misérables' director Tom Hooper to bring 'Cats' to the big screen
- 'Scandal' reveals presidential nominees