”What do you look for in a city?” It’s a question Roger Morgan, the civic pioneer at the heart of Lynch’s novel, asks more than once, referring to his drizzly hometown of Seattle. Truth Like the Sun skips through the city’s history from 1962, when Morgan helps organize the World’s Fair that put it on the map, to 2001, when he decides to run for mayor. Lynch presents the more recent chapters through the eyes of an ambitious muckraker pillaging Morgan’s closets for skeletons, and it’s the author’s own journalistic eye for detail that turns the stereotypically gray city into something vibrantly colorful. B+
Truth Like the Sun''What do you look for in a city?'' It's a question Roger Morgan, the civic pioneer at the heart of Lynch's novel, asks more than once, referring to his...Truth Like the SunFictionJim Lynch (Author)''What do you look for in a city?'' It's a question Roger Morgan, the civic pioneer at the heart of Lynch's novel, asks more than once, referring to his...2012-04-13Knopf
'SUN'-FILLED SEATTLE Lynch's novel portrays the dreary city of Seattle in a pulsating light
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jim Lynch (Author); Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!