Stories about bright, ambitious young women learning to navigate the trickeries of New York City life aren’t exactly new territory — just ask Edith Wharton or Mary McCarthy. But Sarah Pekkanen (The Opposite of Me) deftly weaves together the lives of roommates and friends in These Girls, the very different Cate, Renee, and Abby — each battling demons, professional and otherwise — and within a few pages you’ll find yourself emotionally invested in all of them. The surprisingly good news is that this author knows ”happily ever after” doesn’t necessarily involve a cute guy. B+
These GirlsStories about bright, ambitious young women learning to navigate the trickeries of New York City life aren't exactly new territory — just ask Edith...These GirlsFictionSarah PekkanenStories about bright, ambitious young women learning to navigate the trickeries of New York City life aren't exactly new territory — just ask Edith...2012-04-27Washington Square
TRICKY NYC A heady story about roommates navigating tumultuous New York
Genre: Fiction; Author: Sarah Pekkanen; Publisher: Washington Square
Posted April 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!