Stories about bright, ambitious young women learning to navigate the trickeries of New York City life aren’t exactly new territory — just ask Edith Wharton or Mary McCarthy. But Sarah Pekkanen (The Opposite of Me) deftly weaves together the lives of roommates and friends in These Girls, the very different Cate, Renee, and Abby — each battling demons, professional and otherwise — and within a few pages you’ll find yourself emotionally invested in all of them. The surprisingly good news is that this author knows ”happily ever after” doesn’t necessarily involve a cute guy. B+
These GirlsStories about bright, ambitious young women learning to navigate the trickeries of New York City life aren't exactly new territory — just ask Edith...These GirlsFictionSarah PekkanenStories about bright, ambitious young women learning to navigate the trickeries of New York City life aren't exactly new territory — just ask Edith...2012-04-27Washington Square
TRICKY NYC A heady story about roommates navigating tumultuous New York
Genre: Fiction; Author: Sarah Pekkanen; Status: In Season; Publisher: Washington Square
Posted April 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Talk about a Revolution: 'TURN's showrunner on season 2 and the new poster
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates