To the uninitiated, finding the differences between this English-Irish boy band and their fellow U.K. quintet One Direction is like splitting carefully gelled hairs. After all, they’re both five-bloke packs of medium-good singers shilling Top 40-targeted jams. But if 1D have a lock on the slumber-party set, the Wanted are after their fake-ID-toting older sisters: Club-ready, irresistibly hooky tracks on The Wanted like ”Gold Forever” and already ubiquitous ”Glad You Came” (culled from the group’s two hit British LPs) practically come with their own fog-and-laser shows. It’s the perfect soundtrack for partying all night — but still sneaking home before your parents notice. B+
BOY BAND INVASION The English-Irish quintet release dance-ready tracks for the high school set (Andrew Zach)
Genre: Pop; Music Label: Mercury
Posted April 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game