To the uninitiated, finding the differences between this English-Irish boy band and their fellow U.K. quintet One Direction is like splitting carefully gelled hairs. After all, they’re both five-bloke packs of medium-good singers shilling Top 40-targeted jams. But if 1D have a lock on the slumber-party set, the Wanted are after their fake-ID-toting older sisters: Club-ready, irresistibly hooky tracks on The Wanted like ”Gold Forever” and already ubiquitous ”Glad You Came” (culled from the group’s two hit British LPs) practically come with their own fog-and-laser shows. It’s the perfect soundtrack for partying all night — but still sneaking home before your parents notice. B+
BOY BAND INVASION The English-Irish quintet release dance-ready tracks for the high school set (Andrew Zach)
Genre: Pop; Music Label: Mercury
Posted April 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- MTV just debuted a new trailer for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Demi Lovato performs 'Cool For The Summer' with Iggy Azalea at VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' star Kim Dickens on the moment that 'destroyed' Madison
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner Dave Erickson breaks down 'So Close, Yet So Far'
- Wes Craven, 'Nightmare on Elm Street' filmmaker, dies at 76
- Nicki Minaj blasts Miley Cyrus at VMAs 2015
- The Weeknd brings Kanye West to his feet with 'Can't Feel My Face' at VMAs
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!