To the uninitiated, finding the differences between this English-Irish boy band and their fellow U.K. quintet One Direction is like splitting carefully gelled hairs. After all, they’re both five-bloke packs of medium-good singers shilling Top 40-targeted jams. But if 1D have a lock on the slumber-party set, the Wanted are after their fake-ID-toting older sisters: Club-ready, irresistibly hooky tracks on The Wanted like ”Gold Forever” and already ubiquitous ”Glad You Came” (culled from the group’s two hit British LPs) practically come with their own fog-and-laser shows. It’s the perfect soundtrack for partying all night — but still sneaking home before your parents notice. B+
BOY BAND INVASION The English-Irish quintet release dance-ready tracks for the high school set (Andrew Zach)
Genre: Pop; Music Label: Mercury
Posted April 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'