The sequel to 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra features several new recruits, including director Jon M. Chu (Step Up 2) and stars Dwayne ”The Rock” Johnson and Bruce Willis. ”The Cobra command is trying to take over the world,” says Johnson. ”I get Bruce Willis and we start kicking ass.” How much Rise of Cobra star Channing Tatum participates in the rump booting is unclear. The freshly minted A-lister has little screen time in the movie’s trailer, which hints at a terrible tragedy befalling the Joe team. Would Mr. The Rock care to comment on Tatum’s part in Retaliation? ”Um, yeah,” Johnson laughs coyly. ”He’s in the film and he reprises his role!”
DOUBLE TEAM Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis prepare for battle in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Posted May 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!