The sequel to 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra features several new recruits, including director Jon M. Chu (Step Up 2) and stars Dwayne ”The Rock” Johnson and Bruce Willis. ”The Cobra command is trying to take over the world,” says Johnson. ”I get Bruce Willis and we start kicking ass.” How much Rise of Cobra star Channing Tatum participates in the rump booting is unclear. The freshly minted A-lister has little screen time in the movie’s trailer, which hints at a terrible tragedy befalling the Joe team. Would Mr. The Rock care to comment on Tatum’s part in Retaliation? ”Um, yeah,” Johnson laughs coyly. ”He’s in the film and he reprises his role!”
DOUBLE TEAM Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis prepare for battle in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Posted May 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Kung Fury' is the most insane, over-the-top '80s action movie you never saw
- There's a lot of dancing in Lil Mama's new video
- Pink Floyd celebrates 50 years of existence with plaque
- Tame Impala releases another video for 'Cause I'm A Man'
- 'Lego Jurassic World' trailer features Lego Chris Pratt and Lego Indominous Rex
- Exclusive clip will make you fall hard for 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
- Dave Grohl's middle school fan letter to Ian MacKaye surfaces