The sequel to 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra features several new recruits, including director Jon M. Chu (Step Up 2) and stars Dwayne ”The Rock” Johnson and Bruce Willis. ”The Cobra command is trying to take over the world,” says Johnson. ”I get Bruce Willis and we start kicking ass.” How much Rise of Cobra star Channing Tatum participates in the rump booting is unclear. The freshly minted A-lister has little screen time in the movie’s trailer, which hints at a terrible tragedy befalling the Joe team. Would Mr. The Rock care to comment on Tatum’s part in Retaliation? ”Um, yeah,” Johnson laughs coyly. ”He’s in the film and he reprises his role!”
DOUBLE TEAM Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis prepare for battle in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Posted May 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!