When Lola (Arthur’s Greta Gerwig), a straitlaced New Yorker in her late 20s, is dumped by her fiancé The Killing’s Joel Kinnaman) just weeks before their wedding, her dreams of a picture-perfect lifestyle appear to vanish, and no amount of booze or boys can help her cope. Gerwig could definitely relate to her character’s anxiety. ”When you’re 24, it’s hard to feel like you’re falling behind because everybody is falling behind,” says the actress. ”But by the time you’re 28 or 29, if someone pulls the rug out from under you, then it’s much scarier.” Seems that growing up, just like breaking up, is hard to do.
HOPELESS HEARTBREAK Greta Gerwig gets dumped by Joel Kinnamin in Lola Versus (Myles Aronowitz)
Posted May 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot