When Lola (Arthur’s Greta Gerwig), a straitlaced New Yorker in her late 20s, is dumped by her fiancé The Killing’s Joel Kinnaman) just weeks before their wedding, her dreams of a picture-perfect lifestyle appear to vanish, and no amount of booze or boys can help her cope. Gerwig could definitely relate to her character’s anxiety. ”When you’re 24, it’s hard to feel like you’re falling behind because everybody is falling behind,” says the actress. ”But by the time you’re 28 or 29, if someone pulls the rug out from under you, then it’s much scarier.” Seems that growing up, just like breaking up, is hard to do.
HOPELESS HEARTBREAK Greta Gerwig gets dumped by Joel Kinnamin in Lola Versus (Myles Aronowitz)
Posted May 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Black Mirror' creator: The one twist that was too heartbreaking to do
- Tinashe almost freaked out when working with 'idol' Britney Spears
- Westworld ratings take hit from Walking Dead
- Simon Pegg talks 'Star Trek Beyond' with an ISS astronaut
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy's EW blog: Pro gives advice to those still in the game
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop