French filmmaker Mia Hansen-L%oslash;ve brings the same understanding of deep emotion she displayed three years ago in The Father of My Children to this acute drama of young romance and passionate sex, as well as what you learn when you lose both. Teenage Camille (quicksilver Lola Créton) thinks she’ll die when her beloved, Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky), leaves her to explore the world; her depression is voluptuous, lasting for years. No spoiler: She doesn’t die. She merely discovers that love is more complicated than a 15-year-old girl can know. (Also available on VOD) A-
DEEP EMOTION Camille (Lola Creton) and Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky) in Goodby First Love (Carole Bethuel)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Lola Creton; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 110
Posted May 4 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels