French filmmaker Mia Hansen-L%oslash;ve brings the same understanding of deep emotion she displayed three years ago in The Father of My Children to this acute drama of young romance and passionate sex, as well as what you learn when you lose both. Teenage Camille (quicksilver Lola Créton) thinks she’ll die when her beloved, Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky), leaves her to explore the world; her depression is voluptuous, lasting for years. No spoiler: She doesn’t die. She merely discovers that love is more complicated than a 15-year-old girl can know. (Also available on VOD) A-
DEEP EMOTION Camille (Lola Creton) and Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky) in Goodby First Love (Carole Bethuel)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Lola Creton; Release Date Limited: 04/20/2012; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 110
Posted May 4 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the first teaser for Martin Scorsese's rock drama 'Vinyl'
- 'Destiny' is replacing Peter Dinklage with Nolan North as the voice of Ghost
- Joel McHale says no more 'Community,' but movie hopes remain
- Apple Music will stream Dr. Dre's new album before release date
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' casts immortal villain Vandal Savage
- Frank Langella sets Broadway return in 'The Father'
- Ja Rule and 50 Cent reignite their years-long feud