French filmmaker Mia Hansen-L%oslash;ve brings the same understanding of deep emotion she displayed three years ago in The Father of My Children to this acute drama of young romance and passionate sex, as well as what you learn when you lose both. Teenage Camille (quicksilver Lola Créton) thinks she’ll die when her beloved, Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky), leaves her to explore the world; her depression is voluptuous, lasting for years. No spoiler: She doesn’t die. She merely discovers that love is more complicated than a 15-year-old girl can know. (Also available on VOD) A-
DEEP EMOTION Camille (Lola Creton) and Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky) in Goodby First Love (Carole Bethuel)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Lola Creton; Runtime (in minutes): 110
Posted May 4 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Colin Trevorrow on 'Jurassic World's monster star Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!