French filmmaker Mia Hansen-L%oslash;ve brings the same understanding of deep emotion she displayed three years ago in The Father of My Children to this acute drama of young romance and passionate sex, as well as what you learn when you lose both. Teenage Camille (quicksilver Lola Créton) thinks she’ll die when her beloved, Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky), leaves her to explore the world; her depression is voluptuous, lasting for years. No spoiler: She doesn’t die. She merely discovers that love is more complicated than a 15-year-old girl can know. (Also available on VOD) A-
DEEP EMOTION Camille (Lola Creton) and Sullivan (Sebastian Urzendowsky) in Goodby First Love (Carole Bethuel)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Lola Creton; Runtime (in minutes): 110
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!