Bobcat Goldthwait’s new movie is a burlesque that turns into a harangue that turns into a rampage. Joel Murray, looking like an office-drone Brian Wilson, plays a divorced dad snowed under by the derisiveness of American culture. He murders a reality TV star, then teams up with a misanthropic brat (Tara Lynne Barr), and the two go on a killing spree. Most of the film consists of them listing all the stuff they hate (NASCAR fans! American Idol! Folks who misuse the word literally!). It’s like Falling Down remade by MAD magazine. (Also available on VOD) C
GOD BLESS AMERICA Joel Murray and Tara Lynne Barr
Genre: Drama; Director: Bobcat Goldthwait; Release Date Limited: 05/11/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 104; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 15 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles