Bobcat Goldthwait’s new movie is a burlesque that turns into a harangue that turns into a rampage. Joel Murray, looking like an office-drone Brian Wilson, plays a divorced dad snowed under by the derisiveness of American culture. He murders a reality TV star, then teams up with a misanthropic brat (Tara Lynne Barr), and the two go on a killing spree. Most of the film consists of them listing all the stuff they hate (NASCAR fans! American Idol! Folks who misuse the word literally!). It’s like Falling Down remade by MAD magazine. (Also available on VOD) C
GOD BLESS AMERICA Joel Murray and Tara Lynne Barr
Genre: Drama; Director: Bobcat Goldthwait; Release Date Limited: 05/11/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 104; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 15 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones: 'I got pretty doomsday'
- 'The Flash' first look: Time to meet Caitlin Snow's mom!
- Stephen Colbert teases election night special in sultry promo
- 'PLL' showrunner pens emotional note on final day of filming
- 'Pitch': How Kevin Connolly's debut will shake up the Padres
- Twitter mashes up 'Hamilton' and Mike Wazowski from 'Monsters, Inc.'
- Donald Trump praises Newt Gingrich for 'amazing' Megyn Kelly interview
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like