Bobcat Goldthwait’s new movie is a burlesque that turns into a harangue that turns into a rampage. Joel Murray, looking like an office-drone Brian Wilson, plays a divorced dad snowed under by the derisiveness of American culture. He murders a reality TV star, then teams up with a misanthropic brat (Tara Lynne Barr), and the two go on a killing spree. Most of the film consists of them listing all the stuff they hate (NASCAR fans! American Idol! Folks who misuse the word literally!). It’s like Falling Down remade by MAD magazine. (Also available on VOD) C
GOD BLESS AMERICA Joel Murray and Tara Lynne Barr
Genre: Drama; Director: Bobcat Goldthwait; Release Date Limited: 05/11/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 104; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 15 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Eminem pays tribute to Tupac in essay: 'He was a superstar in every aspect of the word'
- Ciara shares spooky cover of Rolling Stones' 'Paint It Black'
- Toni Collette, Tracy Letts, and Sam Trammell join Daniel Radcliffe thriller 'Imperium'
- Patrick Ness on writing fantastical fiction for teens in 'The Rest of Us Just Live Here'
- Watch how Jim Henson's Creature Shop creates the puppets in 'Oscar's Hotel'
- LCD Soundsystem has no plans to reunite despite reports