Eccentric with a humorless intensity, this curlicued story of an oddball family features Toni Collette doing her familiar overexpressive thing as an unconventional feminist single mom; old-soul kid actor Jason Spevack as her genius son, Henry, who’s a miracle of artificial insemination; and Michael Sheen as an emotionally impacted academic with a bad memory. As with his previous film Fireflies in the Garden, writer-director Dennis Lee scratches the skin of family bonds until it bleeds. This time, he uses whimsy as a salve. (Also available on VOD) C-
JESUS HENRY CHRIST Samantha Weinstein, Michael Sheen, Jason Spevack, and Toni Collette
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Toni Collette, Michael Sheen; Director: Dennis Lee; Release Date Limited: 05/04/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: E1 Entertainment
Posted May 15 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!