EW has confirmed that Catherine Keener and her Synecdoche, New York director Charlie Kaufman will pair up for the first time on the small screen for an upcoming HBO comedy series. As Deadline first reported, the show sounds typically Kaufman-esque as Keener’s character grapples with reality throughout the course of one day in her life. Keener will also produce the series, and Kaufman will executive produce, write, and direct. After a four -year break post-Synecdoche, Keener and Kaufman are also signed on to work together on Frank or Francis, starring Steve Carell and Jack Black.
(Valerie Macon/Getty Images)
Posted May 22 2012 — 1:03 PM EDT
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Adele's '25' surges past 3 million in sales in the U.S.
- Hear Adele's '25' as a four-minute mash-up because you deserve it