EW has confirmed that Catherine Keener and her Synecdoche, New York director Charlie Kaufman will pair up for the first time on the small screen for an upcoming HBO comedy series. As Deadline first reported, the show sounds typically Kaufman-esque as Keener’s character grapples with reality throughout the course of one day in her life. Keener will also produce the series, and Kaufman will executive produce, write, and direct. After a four -year break post-Synecdoche, Keener and Kaufman are also signed on to work together on Frank or Francis, starring Steve Carell and Jack Black.
(Valerie Macon/Getty Images)
Posted May 22 2012 — 1:03 PM EDT
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016