EW has confirmed that Catherine Keener and her Synecdoche, New York director Charlie Kaufman will pair up for the first time on the small screen for an upcoming HBO comedy series. As Deadline first reported, the show sounds typically Kaufman-esque as Keener’s character grapples with reality throughout the course of one day in her life. Keener will also produce the series, and Kaufman will executive produce, write, and direct. After a four -year break post-Synecdoche, Keener and Kaufman are also signed on to work together on Frank or Francis, starring Steve Carell and Jack Black.
(Valerie Macon/Getty Images)
Posted May 22 2012 — 1:03 PM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop