EW has confirmed that Catherine Keener and her Synecdoche, New York director Charlie Kaufman will pair up for the first time on the small screen for an upcoming HBO comedy series. As Deadline first reported, the show sounds typically Kaufman-esque as Keener’s character grapples with reality throughout the course of one day in her life. Keener will also produce the series, and Kaufman will executive produce, write, and direct. After a four -year break post-Synecdoche, Keener and Kaufman are also signed on to work together on Frank or Francis, starring Steve Carell and Jack Black.
(Valerie Macon/Getty Images)
Posted May 22 2012 — 1:03 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt