EW has confirmed that Catherine Keener and her Synecdoche, New York director Charlie Kaufman will pair up for the first time on the small screen for an upcoming HBO comedy series. As Deadline first reported, the show sounds typically Kaufman-esque as Keener’s character grapples with reality throughout the course of one day in her life. Keener will also produce the series, and Kaufman will executive produce, write, and direct. After a four -year break post-Synecdoche, Keener and Kaufman are also signed on to work together on Frank or Francis, starring Steve Carell and Jack Black.
(Valerie Macon/Getty Images)
Posted May 22 2012 — 1:03 PM EDT
- 'Bones' taps Betty White as new squintern
- Angelina Jolie Pitt's 'By the Sea' will open AFI Fest
- George R. R. Martin says Stannis is still alive — in the books
- Michelle Pfeiffer to play Bernie Madoff's wife in HBO's 'Wizard of Lies'
- Post-apocalyptic survivors tool up in exclusive clip from 'Turbo Kid'
- New 'Homeland' season 5 trailer: Carrie can't escape her past
- Malala won't be silenced in latest trailer for 'He Named Me Malala'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!