EW has confirmed that Catherine Keener and her Synecdoche, New York director Charlie Kaufman will pair up for the first time on the small screen for an upcoming HBO comedy series. As Deadline first reported, the show sounds typically Kaufman-esque as Keener’s character grapples with reality throughout the course of one day in her life. Keener will also produce the series, and Kaufman will executive produce, write, and direct. After a four -year break post-Synecdoche, Keener and Kaufman are also signed on to work together on Frank or Francis, starring Steve Carell and Jack Black.
(Valerie Macon/Getty Images)
Posted May 22 2012 — 1:03 PM EDT
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Sam Raimi on why he likes to torture Bruce Campbell
- Liam Hemsworth wears war paint as Gale in exclusive 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- Part 2' poster
- Ed Sullivan Theater gets temporary marquee in preparation for Stephen Colbert
- Alan Taylor says there are answers to 'Terminator Genisys' questions -- they're just not in the movie
- Miguel disses Frank Ocean... again
- Jack White's Dead Weather returns with new album
- Henry Cavill: ‘Batman v Superman' an 'expansion' of 'Man of Steel' world
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!