Robin Quivers, Howard Stern’s co-host for more than three decades, announced on this morning’s episode of The Howard Stern Show that she will undergo surgery to remove a tumor pressing against her bladder. Quivers first talked about her health problems last week, when she explained that the growth had forced her to wear a catheter. She didn’t offer any further details beyond noting: “It’s something that hopefully can just be cut out.” On this morning’s show, when asked for an update, she said: “I have a surgery date scheduled and I’m seeing the doctor today.” She noted that she had an uncle who had a (now benign) tumor – but noted, with some anxiety, “I still say it’s barbaric what they do in medicine.” Quivers’ rep did not immediately respond to EW’s calls for comment. Check out Quivers talking about her condition on last week’s Stern:
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!