Robin Quivers, Howard Stern’s co-host for more than three decades, announced on this morning’s episode of The Howard Stern Show that she will undergo surgery to remove a tumor pressing against her bladder. Quivers first talked about her health problems last week, when she explained that the growth had forced her to wear a catheter. She didn’t offer any further details beyond noting: “It’s something that hopefully can just be cut out.” On this morning’s show, when asked for an update, she said: “I have a surgery date scheduled and I’m seeing the doctor today.” She noted that she had an uncle who had a (now benign) tumor – but noted, with some anxiety, “I still say it’s barbaric what they do in medicine.” Quivers’ rep did not immediately respond to EW’s calls for comment. Check out Quivers talking about her condition on last week’s Stern:
Posted May 22 2012 — 4:48 PM EDT
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...