Robin Quivers, Howard Stern’s co-host for more than three decades, announced on this morning’s episode of The Howard Stern Show that she will undergo surgery to remove a tumor pressing against her bladder. Quivers first talked about her health problems last week, when she explained that the growth had forced her to wear a catheter. She didn’t offer any further details beyond noting: “It’s something that hopefully can just be cut out.” On this morning’s show, when asked for an update, she said: “I have a surgery date scheduled and I’m seeing the doctor today.” She noted that she had an uncle who had a (now benign) tumor – but noted, with some anxiety, “I still say it’s barbaric what they do in medicine.” Quivers’ rep did not immediately respond to EW’s calls for comment. Check out Quivers talking about her condition on last week’s Stern:
Posted May 22 2012 — 4:48 PM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'