Robin Quivers, Howard Stern’s co-host for more than three decades, announced on this morning’s episode of The Howard Stern Show that she will undergo surgery to remove a tumor pressing against her bladder. Quivers first talked about her health problems last week, when she explained that the growth had forced her to wear a catheter. She didn’t offer any further details beyond noting: “It’s something that hopefully can just be cut out.” On this morning’s show, when asked for an update, she said: “I have a surgery date scheduled and I’m seeing the doctor today.” She noted that she had an uncle who had a (now benign) tumor – but noted, with some anxiety, “I still say it’s barbaric what they do in medicine.” Quivers’ rep did not immediately respond to EW’s calls for comment. Check out Quivers talking about her condition on last week’s Stern:
Posted May 22 2012 — 4:48 PM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel