Robin Quivers, Howard Stern’s co-host for more than three decades, announced on this morning’s episode of The Howard Stern Show that she will undergo surgery to remove a tumor pressing against her bladder. Quivers first talked about her health problems last week, when she explained that the growth had forced her to wear a catheter. She didn’t offer any further details beyond noting: “It’s something that hopefully can just be cut out.” On this morning’s show, when asked for an update, she said: “I have a surgery date scheduled and I’m seeing the doctor today.” She noted that she had an uncle who had a (now benign) tumor – but noted, with some anxiety, “I still say it’s barbaric what they do in medicine.” Quivers’ rep did not immediately respond to EW’s calls for comment. Check out Quivers talking about her condition on last week’s Stern:
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on how to make the perfect finale (when Nina Dobrev is leaving)
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!