A new interview with Emmy-winning actor Jim Parsons has officially revealed that he is gay. The New York Times’ profile of the Big Bang Theory star mentions Parsons’ sexuality near the end of the article. The profile also reveals that he has been in a relationship for 10 years. Parsons played a gay activist in Broadway’s revival of The Normal Heart last year; he is scheduled to reprise the role in Ryan Murphy’s upcoming film adaptation of the play. Parsons will star in a Broadway revival of Harvey this summer.
Posted May 23 2012 — 3:05 PM EDT
- 'Supernatural': Why season 11 is the show's best in six years
- Did 'The Flash' just introduce Black Flash?
- 'X-Men': Tour Charles Xavier's mansion in '80s parody video
- FX's The Americans to end in 2018
- 'Fast & Furious' producer recalls the franchise's beginnings
- What to Watch Wednesday: Follow 'The Path'
- Pop Culture of My Life: Julianna Margulies on Judy Blume and more