A new interview with Emmy-winning actor Jim Parsons has officially revealed that he is gay. The New York Times’ profile of the Big Bang Theory star mentions Parsons’ sexuality near the end of the article. The profile also reveals that he has been in a relationship for 10 years. Parsons played a gay activist in Broadway’s revival of The Normal Heart last year; he is scheduled to reprise the role in Ryan Murphy’s upcoming film adaptation of the play. Parsons will star in a Broadway revival of Harvey this summer.
Posted May 23 2012 — 3:05 PM EDT
- How to pretend you've read 'Infinite Jest'
- Elders react to 'Batman v Superman' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner talks comic villain Negan in season 6
- 'American Ultra' teaser: Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart fight the government
- Ice-T lends his voice to 'Dora the Explorer,' 'The Smurfs' and 'Care Bears'
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!