Phillip Phillips will return home to Georgia after completing publicity duties following tonight’s season 11 finale of American Idol. The 21-year-old singer-songwriter, who suffers from kidney problems, was advised surgery in March after experiencing severe abdominal pain. E! reports that depending on his recovery, Phillips may miss one or two dates at the start of the American Idol tour this summer.
Posted May 23 2012 — 3:53 PM EDT
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Magic Mike' star: 'Channing Tatum does not like me'