Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week – and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker – born Arthel Watson – was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Posted May 29 2012 — 10:46 AM EDT
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home