Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week – and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker – born Arthel Watson – was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!