Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week – and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker – born Arthel Watson – was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Baywatch' alum Jeremy Jackson arrested
- 'Five Nights at Freddy's 4' coming this October
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Meredith Wild's 'Hard Love'
- Hear sibling band The Hunts’ new song 'Valentina'
- 'Furious 7': China’s biggest movie ever
- Jason Derulo shares 'Cheyenne' from 'Everything Is 4'
- Robert Downey Jr. dives into an 'Emotional Interview' with Jimmy Fallon