Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week – and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker – born Arthel Watson – was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Posted May 29 2012 — 10:46 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': The director's identity revealed?
- 'This Is Us' creator Dan Fogelman on that gut-punch ending
- 'Scream Queens': John Stamos on that 'pretty awkward' shower scene
- 'This Is Us': Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia on episode 2's twist
- Sia uses her song 'The Greatest' to endorse Hillary Clinton
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday