Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week – and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker – born Arthel Watson – was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Posted May 29 2012 — 10:46 AM EDT
- WATCH: Lea Seydoux as Belle in exclusive 'Beauty and the Beast' trailer
- 'Mr. Robot': Does anyone actually like hallucination theory?
- Garth Brooks to launch SiriusXM channel with Ryman Auditorium show
- 'Pokémon Go' gets the Honest Trailer treatment
- Radiohead played 'Let Down' for first time in a decade
- James Corden's parents cover WWE Monday Night Raw
- Shonda Rhimes on 'Scandal': 'I never said this was the final season'
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels