Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week – and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker – born Arthel Watson – was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Posted May 29 2012 — 10:46 AM EDT
- Watch Ed Sheeran's GMA performance right now
- Ryan Reynolds thanks fans for support as 'Deadpool' production wraps
- Soul-sucking dementor wasps, the Harry Potter illustrated edition, and more J.K. Rowling news
- Ty Dolla $ign's Tarantino-y video for 'Only Right' is here
- HBO nabs Duplass brothers' animated show
- Tidal might lose all Sony music
- 'Married' casts Frances Conroy, M.C. Gainey as Judy Greer’s parents
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!