Anders Danielsen Lie gives one of the great performances of the year as Anders, a 34-year-old Norwegian recovering heroin addict released from rehab on a day pass for a job interview. He tries to hold himself together, clean, as he wanders through Oslo revisiting people and places from his old life. The effort is agony. This second outstanding film from director Joachim Trier (2006’s Reprise, also starring Lie) is ”depressing”: Will Anders see his way to serenity or will he succumb? But Trier’s compassion for what it takes to survive, mixed with the love he bestows on Oslo, is rewardingly profound. A
OSLO, AUGUST 31ST Anders Danielsen Lie
Genre: Drama; Director: Joachim Trier; Release Date Limited: 05/25/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted May 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard
- Twitter challenges users to #MakeASongTitleLonger
- Viola Davis opens up about struggling with childhood hunger in PSA
- NBC developing Noah's Ark... in space!
- Edward Snowden appearing live via satellite for 'Snowden' screening
- Joe Biden compares U.S. foreign policy to 'Ghostbusters'