Anders Danielsen Lie gives one of the great performances of the year as Anders, a 34-year-old Norwegian recovering heroin addict released from rehab on a day pass for a job interview. He tries to hold himself together, clean, as he wanders through Oslo revisiting people and places from his old life. The effort is agony. This second outstanding film from director Joachim Trier (2006’s Reprise, also starring Lie) is ”depressing”: Will Anders see his way to serenity or will he succumb? But Trier’s compassion for what it takes to survive, mixed with the love he bestows on Oslo, is rewardingly profound. A
OSLO, AUGUST 31ST Anders Danielsen Lie
Genre: Drama; Director: Joachim Trier; Release Date Limited: 05/25/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted May 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade