Spurred by the success of the film’s 3-D theatrical re-release, Paramount Home Media Distribution and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced that Titanic will makes its Blu-ray debut on Sept. 14. The Oscar-sweeping epic will be available as a four-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack in both 2-D and 3-D formats, with 2.5 hours of bonus footage including a National Geographic documentary in which director James Cameron explores the wreckage of the actual Titanic. The special features will also be stocked with 30 deleted scenes, more than 60 behind-the-scenes featurettes, three commentary tracks, and 2,000 photos. For the first time, Titanic fans can download the film digitally so they’ll never have to let go of their favorite film.
(Merie Weismiller Wallace)
Posted May 31 2012 — 10:34 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creators on 'hero' Felix saving two different clones
- Legendary closes deal on Dwayne Johnson action project set in China
- 'Preacher' pilot: Hear the directors' commentary online
- Chance the Rapper, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne have 'No Problem' in video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers share chill new song 'The Getaway'
- Khloé Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom — again
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'