Spurred by the success of the film’s 3-D theatrical re-release, Paramount Home Media Distribution and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced that Titanic will makes its Blu-ray debut on Sept. 14. The Oscar-sweeping epic will be available as a four-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack in both 2-D and 3-D formats, with 2.5 hours of bonus footage including a National Geographic documentary in which director James Cameron explores the wreckage of the actual Titanic. The special features will also be stocked with 30 deleted scenes, more than 60 behind-the-scenes featurettes, three commentary tracks, and 2,000 photos. For the first time, Titanic fans can download the film digitally so they’ll never have to let go of their favorite film.
(Merie Weismiller Wallace)
Posted May 31 2012 — 10:34 AM EDT
- Game of Thrones casts Ian McShane in season 6 mystery role
- Judy Blume comes to the rescue after man loses wife’s favorite book
- Valerie Harper gives update after health scare
- See Bill Nye read mean tweets about himself
- 'Days of Our Lives' exclusive: 50th anniversary to feature a killer twist
- Cara Delevingne laughs off that awkward 'Paper Towns' interview on Instagram
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!