Spurred by the success of the film’s 3-D theatrical re-release, Paramount Home Media Distribution and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced that Titanic will makes its Blu-ray debut on Sept. 14. The Oscar-sweeping epic will be available as a four-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack in both 2-D and 3-D formats, with 2.5 hours of bonus footage including a National Geographic documentary in which director James Cameron explores the wreckage of the actual Titanic. The special features will also be stocked with 30 deleted scenes, more than 60 behind-the-scenes featurettes, three commentary tracks, and 2,000 photos. For the first time, Titanic fans can download the film digitally so they’ll never have to let go of their favorite film.
(Merie Weismiller Wallace)
Posted May 31 2012 — 10:34 AM EDT
- Planned Parenthood applauds 'Jane the Virgin' for discussing abortion
- 'Inferno' director Ron Howard spills on the film's spooky sensibility
- 'Orphan Black' Facebook Live reveals 20 minutes of season 5 production
- Jeff VanderMeer's 'Borne': Read an exclusive excerpt
- Watch the official trailer for 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life'
- Why 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Laverne Cox punts to Nicki Minaj in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip