Quentin Tarantino is walking a high wire act with Django Unchained, his ’70s-exploitation-style Western about the titular slave (Jamie Foxx) and the bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) who saves his life in exchange for his help hunting three slave-running brothers he’s been contracted to kill. Their bargain: If Django helps Dr. King, Dr. King will help Django find his beloved wife, owned, it turns out, by the swanky plantation proprietor Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). Can Tarantino tackle the troubled, tricky topic of slavery with such a wild and playful tone? Check out the trailer and decide for yourself:
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!