Quentin Tarantino is walking a high wire act with Django Unchained, his ’70s-exploitation-style Western about the titular slave (Jamie Foxx) and the bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) who saves his life in exchange for his help hunting three slave-running brothers he’s been contracted to kill. Their bargain: If Django helps Dr. King, Dr. King will help Django find his beloved wife, owned, it turns out, by the swanky plantation proprietor Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). Can Tarantino tackle the troubled, tricky topic of slavery with such a wild and playful tone? Check out the trailer and decide for yourself:
Posted June 6 2012 — 7:52 PM EDT
- Katharine McPhee drops catchy comeback single 'Lick My Lips'
- Kanye's anniversary tweet to Kim was super romantic
- Rumer Willis looks exactly like Demi Moore in new Instagram pic
- Robyn announces secret project
- Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, and manager Phil McIntyre team up for Safehouse Records
- Twitter loved Amy Schumer on 'The Bachelorette'
- Beach House announces new album and tour
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!