Quentin Tarantino is walking a high wire act with Django Unchained, his ’70s-exploitation-style Western about the titular slave (Jamie Foxx) and the bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) who saves his life in exchange for his help hunting three slave-running brothers he’s been contracted to kill. Their bargain: If Django helps Dr. King, Dr. King will help Django find his beloved wife, owned, it turns out, by the swanky plantation proprietor Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). Can Tarantino tackle the troubled, tricky topic of slavery with such a wild and playful tone? Check out the trailer and decide for yourself:
Posted June 6 2012 — 7:52 PM EDT
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!