Quentin Tarantino is walking a high wire act with Django Unchained, his ’70s-exploitation-style Western about the titular slave (Jamie Foxx) and the bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) who saves his life in exchange for his help hunting three slave-running brothers he’s been contracted to kill. Their bargain: If Django helps Dr. King, Dr. King will help Django find his beloved wife, owned, it turns out, by the swanky plantation proprietor Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). Can Tarantino tackle the troubled, tricky topic of slavery with such a wild and playful tone? Check out the trailer and decide for yourself:
Posted June 6 2012 — 7:52 PM EDT
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!