Quentin Tarantino is walking a high wire act with Django Unchained, his ’70s-exploitation-style Western about the titular slave (Jamie Foxx) and the bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) who saves his life in exchange for his help hunting three slave-running brothers he’s been contracted to kill. Their bargain: If Django helps Dr. King, Dr. King will help Django find his beloved wife, owned, it turns out, by the swanky plantation proprietor Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). Can Tarantino tackle the troubled, tricky topic of slavery with such a wild and playful tone? Check out the trailer and decide for yourself:
Posted June 6 2012 — 7:52 PM EDT
- Watch two kids destroy Susan Sarandon and James Corden at ping pong
- 'Batman: The Killing Joke' gets an official Blu-ray release date
- Elizabeth Olsen on Scarlet Witch's outfit and powers
- See Beck cover Prince's 'Raspberry Beret'
- Jimmy Kimmel has the perfect 'Game of Thrones' Mother's Day gift
- Mike Posner's new album is about 'being brutally honest'
- Daisy Ridley celebrates 'Star Wars' Day