Whenever a topline MC has a track in need of a guest-spot adrenaline shot, he asks Siri to summon Waka Flocka, who swoops in like a caffeinated Batman and unleashes his shout-first-ask-questions-later squall. The Queens-born, Atlanta-bred ”No Hands” rapper’s guttural lung-busting is ideal for cameos, but those same traits make for an exhausting album-length presence. Several tracks in, his second disc begins to bow under the weight of its own aggro intensity. That leaves his own bevy of A-list guests — including Nicki Minaj, Drake, and an especially elastic Ludacris — to bring some fresh jujitsu to Waka’s flailing fight game, and provide occasional respite from Triple F Life’s single-minded mania. B?
ALL SQUALL The Queens-born king of cameos sinks under the weight of his own lung power, ironically relying on his own collaborators to carry the album (Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Waka Flocka Flame; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation
- Grimes defends Tidal on Instagram, deletes post
- Jayne Meadows, veteran actress, dies
- 'Good Wife' scoop: Wallace Shawn returning for season 6 finale
- Nicki Minaj performed at the coolest Bar Mitzvah ever
- 'Avengers' talk with Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige: 'I had a crush on Ultron'