Whenever a topline MC has a track in need of a guest-spot adrenaline shot, he asks Siri to summon Waka Flocka, who swoops in like a caffeinated Batman and unleashes his shout-first-ask-questions-later squall. The Queens-born, Atlanta-bred ”No Hands” rapper’s guttural lung-busting is ideal for cameos, but those same traits make for an exhausting album-length presence. Several tracks in, his second disc begins to bow under the weight of its own aggro intensity. That leaves his own bevy of A-list guests — including Nicki Minaj, Drake, and an especially elastic Ludacris — to bring some fresh jujitsu to Waka’s flailing fight game, and provide occasional respite from Triple F Life’s single-minded mania. B?
ALL SQUALL The Queens-born king of cameos sinks under the weight of his own lung power, ironically relying on his own collaborators to carry the album (Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Waka Flocka Flame; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted June 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!