In a relationship drama as synthetic as this one — about three generations of women who find their bliss in a groovy present-day Woodstock, N.Y., not found on any map — you grab your silly pleasures where you can find them. So let’s hear it for the giant wig of Pre-Raphaelite gray corkscrews planted on the noggin of Jane Fonda as a glamorous hippie grandma. The hairdo meets its match in the dull Ann Taylor togs encasing Catherine Keener: That’s how you know Granny’s daughter is an uptight lawyer. D+
PEACE, LOVE AND MISUNDERSTANDING Elizabeth Olsen as Zoe, Jane Fonda as Grace, and Catherine Keener as Diane (Jacob Hutchings)
Starring: Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Elizabeth Olsen; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'