In a relationship drama as synthetic as this one — about three generations of women who find their bliss in a groovy present-day Woodstock, N.Y., not found on any map — you grab your silly pleasures where you can find them. So let’s hear it for the giant wig of Pre-Raphaelite gray corkscrews planted on the noggin of Jane Fonda as a glamorous hippie grandma. The hairdo meets its match in the dull Ann Taylor togs encasing Catherine Keener: That’s how you know Granny’s daughter is an uptight lawyer. D+
PEACE, LOVE AND MISUNDERSTANDING Elizabeth Olsen as Zoe, Jane Fonda as Grace, and Catherine Keener as Diane (Jacob Hutchings)
Starring: Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Elizabeth Olsen; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R
Posted June 8 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kendrick Lamar's 'Alright' video, and everything isn't really all right
- Kings of Leon confirms 7th studio album is on the way
- 'Agent Carter' exclusive: Who's returning for season 2?
- Who should replace Donald Trump as host of 'The Apprentice'?
- Donald Trump is suing Univision
- You can now listen to Matt Bomer cover D'Angelo
- 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' comics are coming: EW exclusive reveal of Green Ranger cover
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!