In a relationship drama as synthetic as this one — about three generations of women who find their bliss in a groovy present-day Woodstock, N.Y., not found on any map — you grab your silly pleasures where you can find them. So let’s hear it for the giant wig of Pre-Raphaelite gray corkscrews planted on the noggin of Jane Fonda as a glamorous hippie grandma. The hairdo meets its match in the dull Ann Taylor togs encasing Catherine Keener: That’s how you know Granny’s daughter is an uptight lawyer. D+
PEACE, LOVE AND MISUNDERSTANDING Elizabeth Olsen as Zoe, Jane Fonda as Grace, and Catherine Keener as Diane (Jacob Hutchings)
Starring: Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Elizabeth Olsen; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted June 8 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters