In a relationship drama as synthetic as this one — about three generations of women who find their bliss in a groovy present-day Woodstock, N.Y., not found on any map — you grab your silly pleasures where you can find them. So let’s hear it for the giant wig of Pre-Raphaelite gray corkscrews planted on the noggin of Jane Fonda as a glamorous hippie grandma. The hairdo meets its match in the dull Ann Taylor togs encasing Catherine Keener: That’s how you know Granny’s daughter is an uptight lawyer. D+
PEACE, LOVE AND MISUNDERSTANDING Elizabeth Olsen as Zoe, Jane Fonda as Grace, and Catherine Keener as Diane (Jacob Hutchings)
Starring: Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Elizabeth Olsen; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R
Posted June 8 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Colin Trevorrow on 'Jurassic World's monster star Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!