In a relationship drama as synthetic as this one — about three generations of women who find their bliss in a groovy present-day Woodstock, N.Y., not found on any map — you grab your silly pleasures where you can find them. So let’s hear it for the giant wig of Pre-Raphaelite gray corkscrews planted on the noggin of Jane Fonda as a glamorous hippie grandma. The hairdo meets its match in the dull Ann Taylor togs encasing Catherine Keener: That’s how you know Granny’s daughter is an uptight lawyer. D+
PEACE, LOVE AND MISUNDERSTANDING Elizabeth Olsen as Zoe, Jane Fonda as Grace, and Catherine Keener as Diane (Jacob Hutchings)
Starring: Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Elizabeth Olsen; Release Date Limited: 06/08/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R
Posted June 8 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'