After an excruciatingly long wait, fans of The Killing finally found out on June 17 who killed Rosie Larsen: Auntie Terry did it! To prepare for the second- season finale of the AMC drama, actress Jamie Anne Allman holed up at home and watched murder confessions she found on YouTube. ”I went deep in myself and thought how I would feel if I did something like that to someone I love,” Allman tells EW. ”And I wasn’t allowed to tell anybody.” Remarkably, the actress didn’t learn about her tragic (albeit unwitting) role in the murder until two hours before the table read. ”[Executive producer] Veena Sud called me. I thought I was in trouble,” Allman recalls. ”She was like, ‘Well, Terry, you’re the killer.’ I was in shock. And then I just started to cry. I felt like such a nerd! I felt so bad for Terry.” With any luck, fans won’t have to wait nearly as long to learn whether AMC will order a third season of the serialized drama — but Allman doesn’t see any reason why they won’t. (For now, the network isn’t saying.) ”They have a whole other crime idea set up and in place,” Allman says. ”It should be exciting. Mireille Enos [Sarah Linden] and Joel Kinnaman [Stephen Holder] are such an amazing pair. They have great chemistry.”
Posted June 22 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters