Rick Ross is a boss who knows how to get results. The Maybach Music maven guided last year’s Vol. 1 to a top five chart debut, and his next entry, Self Made Vol. 2, doubles down on the talent. His stable of rising stars is scary good: Stalley’s young-Nas intensity, Wale’s brainy word marathons, French Montana’s gritty hustle and flow. Ross clearly learned a lot from Diddy’s 1997 Bad Boy showcase No Way Out (note the Biggie sample on ”Let’s Talk”). Namely, that all a great team needs is the right coach — and a court to play on. A-
TEAM SPORT With a Biggie sample and appropriately divvied up tracks, the star-studded team has upstaged itself (Maybach Music Group)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Status: In Season; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted June 22 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters