Rick Ross is a boss who knows how to get results. The Maybach Music maven guided last year’s Vol. 1 to a top five chart debut, and his next entry, Self Made Vol. 2, doubles down on the talent. His stable of rising stars is scary good: Stalley’s young-Nas intensity, Wale’s brainy word marathons, French Montana’s gritty hustle and flow. Ross clearly learned a lot from Diddy’s 1997 Bad Boy showcase No Way Out (note the Biggie sample on ”Let’s Talk”). Namely, that all a great team needs is the right coach — and a court to play on. A-
TEAM SPORT With a Biggie sample and appropriately divvied up tracks, the star-studded team has upstaged itself (Maybach Music Group)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted June 22 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!