Rick Ross is a boss who knows how to get results. The Maybach Music maven guided last year’s Vol. 1 to a top five chart debut, and his next entry, Self Made Vol. 2, doubles down on the talent. His stable of rising stars is scary good: Stalley’s young-Nas intensity, Wale’s brainy word marathons, French Montana’s gritty hustle and flow. Ross clearly learned a lot from Diddy’s 1997 Bad Boy showcase No Way Out (note the Biggie sample on ”Let’s Talk”). Namely, that all a great team needs is the right coach — and a court to play on. A-
TEAM SPORT With a Biggie sample and appropriately divvied up tracks, the star-studded team has upstaged itself (Maybach Music Group)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted June 22 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Britney Spears cameos at Kate Hudson's game night
- Selma Blair on her 'American Crime Story' role: ‘I happen to love Kris Jenner’
- Hasbro says four more 'Transformers' sequels are on the way
- Emilia Clarke and Jason Momoa had a 'Game of Thrones' reunion
- Lenny Kravitz & James Franco rock out in the new 'Guitar Hero Live' commercial
- Lady Gaga's 'AHS: Hotel' role made her feel 'so alive'
- J.K. Rowling debunks 'Harry Potter' fan theories on Twitter