Rick Ross is a boss who knows how to get results. The Maybach Music maven guided last year’s Vol. 1 to a top five chart debut, and his next entry, Self Made Vol. 2, doubles down on the talent. His stable of rising stars is scary good: Stalley’s young-Nas intensity, Wale’s brainy word marathons, French Montana’s gritty hustle and flow. Ross clearly learned a lot from Diddy’s 1997 Bad Boy showcase No Way Out (note the Biggie sample on ”Let’s Talk”). Namely, that all a great team needs is the right coach — and a court to play on. A-
TEAM SPORT With a Biggie sample and appropriately divvied up tracks, the star-studded team has upstaged itself (Maybach Music Group)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted June 22 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup