Rick Ross is a boss who knows how to get results. The Maybach Music maven guided last year’s Vol. 1 to a top five chart debut, and his next entry, Self Made Vol. 2, doubles down on the talent. His stable of rising stars is scary good: Stalley’s young-Nas intensity, Wale’s brainy word marathons, French Montana’s gritty hustle and flow. Ross clearly learned a lot from Diddy’s 1997 Bad Boy showcase No Way Out (note the Biggie sample on ”Let’s Talk”). Namely, that all a great team needs is the right coach — and a court to play on. A-
TEAM SPORT With a Biggie sample and appropriately divvied up tracks, the star-studded team has upstaged itself (Maybach Music Group)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Status: In Season; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted June 22 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Will Butler of Arcade Fire's solo debut 'Policy' on Spotify
- The full, uncensored studio version of Kanye's 'All Day' is finally here
- Mireille Enos is heading to Shondaland
- The EW Guide to Music Festival Season 2015
- AOL launches digital series 'Connected' on March 31
- 'Sound of Music' turns 50: Let's rank the Von Trapp children
- George Takei salutes Leonard Nimoy: 'the most human person I've ever met'