• Will Arnett and Chris Pratt (NBC’s Parks and Recreation) have signed onto the Warner Bros. animated film Lego: The Piece of Resistance. Pratt will voice the role of Emmet, an average Lego figure who is confused with the famed MasterBuilder. Arnett, meanwhile, will voice the Lego version of Batman, and Channing Tatum is being wooed to breath life into the Lego version of Superman. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) are directing. [Variety]
• James Woods, Ron Eldard, Lesley Ann Warren, and John Getz (The Social Network) have joined jOBS, the indie biopic about Apple co-founder Steve Jobs (Ashton Kutcher), the filmmakers announced on Tuesday. Eldard will play Apple designer Rod Holt; Getz and Warren, Jobs’ adoptive parents Paul and and Clara Jobs; and Woods, Jobs’ onetime Dean of Students Jack Dudman. Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, Matthew Modine, and Dermot Mulroney costar; Joshua Michael Stern (Swing Vote) is directing.
• Catherine Keener will star opposite Mark Ruffalo in Can a Song Save Your Life?, the music-driven drama starring Keira Knightley as a struggling musician who meets up with Ruffalo’s struggling music producer. Keener will play Ruffalo’s estranged wife, but no word on whether she is also struggling. Hailee Steinfeld and Adam Levine costar, and John Carney (Once) will direct. [Deadline]
• James Marsden will play a naval commander with the unenviable job of giving Mark Wahlberg orders in Two Guns. Wahlberg and Denzel Washington play a Navy SEAL and DEA agent, respectively, who work together to steal money from the CIA not realizing the other is an undercover government agent. Baltasar Kormakur (Contraband) is directing. [Variety]
• Dermot Mulroney and Josh Henderson (TNT’s Dallas) have signed up for the indie thriller Swelter, about a quartet of fugitive convicts who come to a California small town seeking a fifth associate who absconded with $10 million. Director Keith Parmer (Mob Rules) also penned the script. [Variety]
Casting Net: Angela Bassett, Aaron Eckhart join ‘Olympus Has Fallen.’ Plus: Derek Luke, Ron Livingston, Kristen Schaal
Casting Net: Colin Firth, Cate Blanchett attached to Barbra Streisand-directed drama. Plus: Charlie Sheen, Reese Witherspoon, Maya Rudolph
Casting Net: Jim Parsons, Rihanna to give voice to ‘Happy Smekday!’ Plus: Jason Schwartzman, Rob Reiner, Edgar Ramirez