The Denver trio’s clap-happy ”Ho Hey,” featured in the Aloha State-set search-engine ad, has incited its own rush of searches online. It’s a welcome break for frontman Wesley Schultz, whose childhood dream was to be an NBA star: ”Basically, all I had was a jump shot,” he tells EW, ”and that wasn’t even that good. So I started playing guitar.” The band is on the road this summer to support its self-titled debut and will open for the Civil Wars in the U.K. this fall — not a bad jump after all.
Posted June 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?