The Denver trio’s clap-happy ”Ho Hey,” featured in the Aloha State-set search-engine ad, has incited its own rush of searches online. It’s a welcome break for frontman Wesley Schultz, whose childhood dream was to be an NBA star: ”Basically, all I had was a jump shot,” he tells EW, ”and that wasn’t even that good. So I started playing guitar.” The band is on the road this summer to support its self-titled debut and will open for the Civil Wars in the U.K. this fall — not a bad jump after all.
Posted June 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard