The Denver trio’s clap-happy ”Ho Hey,” featured in the Aloha State-set search-engine ad, has incited its own rush of searches online. It’s a welcome break for frontman Wesley Schultz, whose childhood dream was to be an NBA star: ”Basically, all I had was a jump shot,” he tells EW, ”and that wasn’t even that good. So I started playing guitar.” The band is on the road this summer to support its self-titled debut and will open for the Civil Wars in the U.K. this fall — not a bad jump after all.
Posted June 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade