The Denver trio’s clap-happy ”Ho Hey,” featured in the Aloha State-set search-engine ad, has incited its own rush of searches online. It’s a welcome break for frontman Wesley Schultz, whose childhood dream was to be an NBA star: ”Basically, all I had was a jump shot,” he tells EW, ”and that wasn’t even that good. So I started playing guitar.” The band is on the road this summer to support its self-titled debut and will open for the Civil Wars in the U.K. this fall — not a bad jump after all.
Posted June 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- Ja Rule, Ashanti reunite for mesmerizing performance of 'Helpless'
- 'Chicago P.D.': Get an exclusive first look at Nick Wechsler's debut
- 'Designated Survivor' is changing showrunners
- Sundance announces 2017 Premieres, Spotlight, Midnight, Kids sections
- 'Westworld' showrunners: Anybody could return in season 2
- 'Moana': Watch the gorgeous video for 'We Know the Way'
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday