The Denver trio’s clap-happy ”Ho Hey,” featured in the Aloha State-set search-engine ad, has incited its own rush of searches online. It’s a welcome break for frontman Wesley Schultz, whose childhood dream was to be an NBA star: ”Basically, all I had was a jump shot,” he tells EW, ”and that wasn’t even that good. So I started playing guitar.” The band is on the road this summer to support its self-titled debut and will open for the Civil Wars in the U.K. this fall — not a bad jump after all.
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Mariah Carey to perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards
- Kygo turns Tove Lo's 'Habits (Stay High)' into the piano ballad you need
- Tegan and Sara, F--ked Up, and more join indie rock video game
- E! orders Jillian Michaels docu-series, comedy series produced by Joel McHale
- 'Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5' announced
- Mindy Kaling reveals cover for second book, 'Why Not Me?'
- MTV's 'Awkward' books 'Mean Girls' actor Jonathan Bennett
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!