EW’s movie critics Owen Gleiberman and Lisa Schwarzbaum agree that Steven Soderbergh’s new film Magic Mike is a light, fun romp through the world of male strippers and strip clubs for women. While it starts out a little “low rent,” taking place in a Tampa, Florida, strip club, it moves through to become a more developed story about Channing Tatum’s character and how he’s handling approaching the big 3-0. Tatum and McConaughey in particular give brave, spirited performances, giving Tatum his second win of the summer, following 21 Jump Street. Check out the full review from Owen and Lisa below.
Posted June 29 2012 — 5:12 PM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!