EW’s movie critics Owen Gleiberman and Lisa Schwarzbaum agree that Steven Soderbergh’s new film Magic Mike is a light, fun romp through the world of male strippers and strip clubs for women. While it starts out a little “low rent,” taking place in a Tampa, Florida, strip club, it moves through to become a more developed story about Channing Tatum’s character and how he’s handling approaching the big 3-0. Tatum and McConaughey in particular give brave, spirited performances, giving Tatum his second win of the summer, following 21 Jump Street. Check out the full review from Owen and Lisa below.
Posted June 29 2012 — 5:12 PM EDT
- 'Edward Scissorhands' 25th anniversary Blu-ray: EW exclusive details
- Demi Lovato: 'Summer' turns into fall
- The Roots play 'Rappers Delight' with the Philadelphia Mayor for Fourth of July
- John Oliver's Shallow Dive: 15 topics in 60(-ish) seconds
- Miley Cyrus cameos as a skateboarding heartthrob on 'Stone Quackers'
- Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle': Watch livestream of episodes 1 and 2 from Comic-Con at EW Friday
- Miguel: How Prince, sex and late-nights in L.A. inspired his killer new album
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!