EW’s movie critics Owen Gleiberman and Lisa Schwarzbaum agree that Steven Soderbergh’s new film Magic Mike is a light, fun romp through the world of male strippers and strip clubs for women. While it starts out a little “low rent,” taking place in a Tampa, Florida, strip club, it moves through to become a more developed story about Channing Tatum’s character and how he’s handling approaching the big 3-0. Tatum and McConaughey in particular give brave, spirited performances, giving Tatum his second win of the summer, following 21 Jump Street. Check out the full review from Owen and Lisa below.
Posted June 29 2012 — 5:12 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'