EW’s movie critics Owen Gleiberman and Lisa Schwarzbaum agree that Steven Soderbergh’s new film Magic Mike is a light, fun romp through the world of male strippers and strip clubs for women. While it starts out a little “low rent,” taking place in a Tampa, Florida, strip club, it moves through to become a more developed story about Channing Tatum’s character and how he’s handling approaching the big 3-0. Tatum and McConaughey in particular give brave, spirited performances, giving Tatum his second win of the summer, following 21 Jump Street. Check out the full review from Owen and Lisa below.
Posted June 29 2012 — 5:12 PM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!