Margot (Michelle Williams), a Toronto freelance writer, is cozily married to Lou (Seth Rogen), an author of cookbooks. But when she meets a hunky rickshaw driver (Luke Kirby), she melts — and so does everything about her life. The movie melts too, in good ways and bad. Directing her second film (after Away From Her), Sarah Polley digs into the ambiguity of Margot’s motivations, and Williams wears messy feelings on the outside. But by never standing back from Margot, the movie courts vagueness as well. (Also available on VOD) B-
LONELY WIFE Michelle Williams struggles with her marriage in Take This Waltz (Michael Gibson)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Luke Kirby, Seth Rogen, Sarah Silverman, Michelle Williams; Director: Sarah Polley; Release Date Limited: 06/29/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted June 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office preview: 'Don't Breathe' stalks top spot
- Rory Culkin's life becomes a nightmare in trailer for 'Jack Goes Home'
- Denzel Washington circling lead role in Dan Gilroy's 'Inner City'
- Hear Florence + the Machine's 'Wish That You Were Here'
- Ann Coulter, Ralph Macchio added to Rob Lowe roast
- 'Days of Our Lives' star Kassie DePaiva reveals leukemia diagnosis
- Final Five gymnastics team will present at the VMAs