In his elliptical and somewhat loopy drama about the slipperiness of love at any age, French filmmaker André Téchiné (Wild Reeds) uses the sight of scudding motorboats on the waterways around workaday Venice as a visual reinforcement of time as a river. Or a canal. And possibly a sea in which emotions churn. French cinema veteran André Dussollier and Chanel beauty Carole Bouquet star: He’s an aging novelist with writer’s block (and a former womanizer), she’s a real estate agent (and bisexual siren). B+
UNFORGIVABLE Carole Bouquet and Andre Dussollier (Strand Releasing)
Genre: Drama; Runtime (in minutes): 112; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Watch Daft Punk's ode to Nile Rodgers from new documentary
- Jason Reitman hosting 'Mad Men' live read, finale screening
- Hear Barenaked Ladies' '90s alt-ballad 'Say What You Want'
- 'The Originals' star: Season 2 finale sets up 'a whole new show'
- Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor to star in FX road-trip comedy fro 'Obvious Child' team'
- D'Angelo announces U.S. dates for Second Coming tour
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season 2's 'ferocious enemy'