In his elliptical and somewhat loopy drama about the slipperiness of love at any age, French filmmaker André Téchiné (Wild Reeds) uses the sight of scudding motorboats on the waterways around workaday Venice as a visual reinforcement of time as a river. Or a canal. And possibly a sea in which emotions churn. French cinema veteran André Dussollier and Chanel beauty Carole Bouquet star: He’s an aging novelist with writer’s block (and a former womanizer), she’s a real estate agent (and bisexual siren). B+
UNFORGIVABLE Carole Bouquet and Andre Dussollier (Strand Releasing)
Genre: Drama; Release Date Limited: 06/29/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 112; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted June 29 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!