The only way to bear filmmaker Adam Sherman’s disjointed wallow in the miseries of a rich, young L.A. drunk (Lukas Haas) and the equally messed-up woman with whom he’s obsessed (Madeline Zima) is to know that the story is largely autobiographical. (For the record, all the other women are called bitches.) But still: An appreciation that the pain is personal doesn’t compensate for the picture’s self-absorbed need to alienate. D-
CRAZY EYES Madeline Zima and Lukas Haas
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Lukas Haas, Madeline Zima; Release Date Limited: 07/06/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted July 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade